Pixel 7

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
They should offer it as a regular color choice on all models of pixels... it's a classic beauty, I think it would always sell well. It seems like Google never keeps their popular color choices around for some reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe they keep thinking they'll do even better next year with their colours, so they scrap everything?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Not a rumor any longer.
The P7PRO will be my pick.
I like the new aluminum camera bar that appears to be integral with the aluminum frame. Not all that thrilled over the curved screen edges of the P7Pro but I've learned to live with the curve screen of my P6Pro so no learning curve needed.
The soft touch glass back will be welcomed, eliminating the slippery watermelon seed effect of the P6 series. I might go without a back case, though a screen protector will still be a must.
I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements and new features the Tensor 2 chip brings.
023f309642c0dc24fc4eb6570246c267.jpg

Liking that yellow :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Pictured is the brand of screen protector I have on my Pixel 6 Pro. I purchased it in early November and it has never needed replacing. I purchased it from Amazon Later I bought the Whitestone Dome glass screen protector but just haven't felt the need to go through the trouble of peeling the TPU off and installing the glass one.
55855be92b65b38f031aeae31de49f1c.jpg

Thank you so much! I'll definitely keep this in mind!

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OH MY GOODNESS, look what I found today!

That the next phone is coming is not a surprise, but I do not recall any other phone pushed this hard, this far ahead of the release (especially with the 6a coming before).

I cannot figure out what Google's play is here. Seems like they can lose the hype long before the release.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OH MY GOODNESS, look what I found today!

That the next phone is coming is not a surprise, but I do not recall any other phone pushed this hard, this far ahead of the release (especially with the 6a coming before).

I cannot figure out what Google's play is here. Seems like they can lose the hype long before the release.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yeah rather strange they talking this early on

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I too was a little surprised to see reveals of the device line four months before its (probable) release date. Maybe they are trying to entice new customers?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I too was a little surprised to see reveals of the device line four months before its (probable) release date. Maybe they are trying to entice new customers?
I don't know. I wonder if Pixel 6 sales were not as good as desired so they're trying to build hype for the successor?

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Or Google is trying to stay ahead of the leaks. It really doesn't matter what the motivation is as long as the P6 series continues to sell, and not succumb to the "Osborne Effect".
Agreed as the pixel 6 was outted months before release as well. The wait seemed to have taken forever. Now it's just coming back full circle. Just a tad bit quicker than last year.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
"During the Keynote, it was mentioned that the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro sold better than the Pixel 4 and 5 did. Not only that, but when you add the sales from both devices up, you still won’t hit the numbers the Pixel 6 series sales did."

https://9to5google.com/2022/05/11/the-pixel-6-sold-more-than-the-pixel-4-and-pixel-5-combined/

Oh, wow! So this was a deliberate move based on sales data over the past couple of years. I'm glad to know it was a planned maneuver!