OnePlus 10 and OnePlus 10 Pro

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thought maybe a thread on these phones might be nice.

OnePlus 10 Pro Camera Features: RAW Plus, Fisheye, Movie Mode & More

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/oneplus-10-pro-camera-features.html

OnePlus reveals more details on the OnePlus 10 Pro's second-gen Hasselblad camera system
https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-10-pro-camera-upgrades

OnePlus 10 Pro Specifications Confirmed By The CEO
https://www.androidheadlines.com/2022/01/oneplus-10-pro-specifications-revealed-ceo.html

OnePlus 10 and 10 Pro: All the rumors (Updated: Jan. 7)

https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-10-3055636/

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I read that earlier on the OnePlus 9 forum. I would wait to see what happens with the OnePlus 10. Many times when companies are caught doing this, they stop due to the bad advertising. Years ago, one of the providers (maybe all) was caught throttling speeds and when caught, they stopped.

I'm only looking at the OnePlus as a possible go to if the S22U prices itself out into the galaxy (pun intended). And I'm still afraid of the Pixel 6 pro.

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm only looking at the OnePlus as a possible go to if the S22U prices itself out into the galaxy (pun intended). And I'm still afraid of the Pixel 6 pro.

Same here! Just hoping pricing on the S22U is not insane. I was looking at the P6Pro but all these bugs ...jeez.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
After doing some massing reading up on OnePlus 9 Pro it appears the 10 has a long way to go to come close to Samsung and now, there is a haze around possible updates due to OxygenOS mergiing with Oppo’s ColorOS. Will updates be as fast, etc.
And then there is the fact Samsung's cameras are rated a lot better (S21U vs 9 Pro).
I'm still looking at OnePlus but a few things will hold me back; Company owners for one.
If I choose today and I could, S22U (not sure of color but can flip a coin for that decision).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
After doing some massing reading up on OnePlus 9 Pro it appears the 10 has a long way to go to come close to Samsung and now, there is a haze around possible updates due to OxygenOS mergiing with Oppo’s ColorOS. Will updates be as fast, etc.
And then there is the fact Samsung's cameras are rated a lot better (S21U vs 9 Pro).
I'm still looking at OnePlus but a few things will hold me back; Company owners for one.
If I choose today and I could, S22U (not sure of color but can flip a coin for that decision).

I totally hear what you are saying. I want to try OP but am hesitant. Cameras and other uncertainties have currently kept me at bay from trying them.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-10-pro-china-and-global-availability

This article states (last sentence), "The device will come in volcanic black and emerald forest color variants. It will arrive in India, Europe, and North America in late 2022, although the price remains a mystery for now."

Late 2022 implies Nov, Dec?

I'll say the same here I did on the comments of that article:

Arrive in NA in LATE 2022!!!!
Is that a typo? Should it say late first quarter 2022?
Other articles always stated March of 2022. And Late 2022 implies the last quarter. Heck at that time, rumors will be out on the S23 and Piixel 7 would be releasing. If that is true, they will lose almost and entire year of marketing.
Sure will make Samsung happy.

Some of the original articles posted in my first thread imply March/April. Oh well....

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

This article states (last sentence), "The device will come in volcanic black and emerald forest color variants. It will arrive in India, Europe, and North America in late 2022, although the price remains a mystery for now."

Other articles always stated March of 2022. And Late 2022 implies the last quarter. Heck at that time, rumors will be out on the S23 and Piixel 7 would be releasing. If that is true, they will lose almost and entire year of marketing.

Some of the original articles posted in my first thread imply March/April. Oh well....

Those sound like gorgeous colours -- though I am confused about how late the release is. Maybe it is a typo? OP usually releases their products earlier into the year. Yikes!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Definitely a typo and it seems they have corrected it already. All rumours indicate March or April for markets outside China.

Screenshot_20220111-100837.jpg

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love OnePlus but it got way too expensive and with eSIM, they lost the advantage of Dual SIM.

My last three phones (Flip3, 13PM, P6P) technically are more expensive but after carrier discounts, trade-in credit, free earbuds, etc. OnePlus can't compete and in the end cost more.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I love OnePlus but it got way too expensive and with eSIM, they lost the advantage of Dual SIM.

My last three phones (Flip3, 13PM, P6P) technically are more expensive but after carrier discounts, trade-in credit, free earbuds, etc. OnePlus can't compete and in the end cost more.

I can definitely see what you're saying with how OP costs more in the end. And when they get rid of specs you need -- that's just even worse!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, I completely agree. It was my last OnePlus phone I bought.

Just reminiscing...

I did wish I bought a different case because the ones that came with it blows. For some reason it was loose that sometimes it lifts off the case. Wouldn't you know, the day it fell off my lap while getting out of the car it lands on the ground that's unprotected.

Sold it within a few days. I thought about buying it again but I had to move on with my next flagship.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sadly, I completely agree. It was my last OnePlus phone I bought.

Just reminiscing...

I did wish I bought a different case because the ones that came with it blows. For some reason it was loose that sometimes it lifts off the case. Wouldn't you know, the day it fell off my lap while getting out of the car it lands on the ground that's unprotected.

Sold it within a few days. I thought about buying it again but I had to move on with my next flagship.
I love the color on 1+9 silver though Screenshot_20220129-192333_Chrome.jpg