Samsung Galaxy S23

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd be ok with an under-display camera, as I never use the front facing camera. So it'd suit my usage, but not sure if the quality drop from an under-display camera would be accepted by the wider public. Maybe Samsung have figured out a way so that the quality doesn't take too much of a hit.

Otherwise, the quad-curve display, I'd rather a flat display and this seems to be going totally opposite of that hah. I get it looks 'cool', but it's just not easier to use, so would prefer a completely flat dislpay rather than adding more curves to it.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully, the quad curve is just a rumor and will never materialize. Flat screen is better; however, some of these companies have a feeling that for an elegant look, curve screen is the way to go. At least they are not as curved as they used to be. But if they insist on curved screens, they need to move to a capacity FPS on back or on the power button. No more under screen FPS; optical or ultrasonic.

I have found a use for the front facing (aka selfie) camera. If a person is in the wild with only their dogs and that person receives a pretty good cut to the forehead, the front facing phone is great to use to see exactly how deep and large the cut is. The dogs would not tell me.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully, the quad curve is just a rumor and will never materialize. Flat screen is better; however, some of these companies have a feeling that for an elegant look, curve screen is the way to go. At least they are not as curved as they used to be. But if they insist on curved screens, they need to move to a capacity FPS on back or on the power button. No more under screen FPS; optical or ultrasonic.

I have found a use for the front facing (aka selfie) camera. If a person is in the wild with only their dogs and that person receives a pretty good cut to the forehead, the front facing phone is great to use to see exactly how deep and large the cut is. The dogs would not tell me.

We're still awaiting the app that translates the yips and barks of dogs into human languages🙂.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Amazon has, or will be, adding a new feature to their Echoes, that can simulate someone's voice by hearing a fairly short audio clip of the voice, and using algorithms to give it inflections...I believe they mentioned in the advertising you could have someone who had passed on's voice talk to you like Alexa if you wanted that.

Reminded me of a Black Mirror episode :eek:

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
It's too early IMO to start talking about the S23 lineup, but come on seriously? Give us a FLAT display already on the flagship. So tired of curved displays. They serve no purpose at all. So many people I bet would be happy if Samsung released an S23 Ultra that had a completely flat display.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
At least it's rumored to have a version that's Pen capable. I love my Note 20 Ultra with the pen and hope to upgrade to the S23 next year. I'm also hoping February is still the date as I wouldn't mind upgrading then.
ScreenRant S23 Rumors

I use the pen often. I had to sign a gym waver and the option was sending the signature part to my mobile device. I'd prefer that to the computer signature font. The signature part was sent to my phone, I signed it on my phone, used the Spen and tapped "done" and it sent it back with my handwritten signature. I don't know how they did that, but I loved it.

Phone Arena S23 Rumors

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
A flat screen would be cool, even though I'm used to curved since I've used curved for 3 years now.

The curve on the S22U screen doesn't bother me. It's quite a tight curve right at the end and I don't find it interfering with my usage.

Seems like the S23 is a modest update. Might hang on to the S22U.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance