Google I/O 22 Keynote in 18 Minutes

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm not crazy about the Pixel Watch design, it'll be nice to see it come to fruition. Pixel 6a and 7 seem solid, but since I'm really happy with my 6 Pro, it's not as enticing since I don't have an urge to upgrade so quickly. I'm probably most interested in the Pixel Tablet! As much as Android tablets are criticized in the press, I still enjoy using them, and have been waiting for a high quality powerful tablet that isn't a Samsung. I'll probably get one if/when it comes out.:D

(And no, I have absolutely no desire to use an iPad instead. I have a work-provided iPad and actively dislike it.)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, it's not really worth the 18 minutes lol. This year's IO was a whole lot of nothing new.

It's a developer confrence so I guess we can't expect too many product announcements. It was basically showing how much data Google have and how they're using it.

As far as the prodcuts go:

Pixel 6a looks decent - I think the price is a touch high
Pixel 7/7 Pro look good - hope they have improved quality on the devices significantly over the Pixel 6/6 Pro
Pixel Watch - supposedly runs a 2018 processor with a small battery; not interested
Pixel Buds Pro - I had the Pixel Buds 2 and had constant connectivity issues - not interested in this unless reviews and user comments overwhelmingly positive.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Although I'm not crazy about the Pixel Watch design, it'll be nice to see it come to fruition. Pixel 6a and 7 seem solid, but since I'm really happy with my 6 Pro, it's not as enticing since I don't have an urge to upgrade so quickly. I'm probably most interested in the Pixel Tablet! As much as Android tablets are criticized in the press, I still enjoy using them, and have been waiting for a high quality powerful tablet that isn't a Samsung. I'll probably get one if/when it comes out.:D

(And no, I have absolutely no desire to use an iPad instead. I have a work-provided iPad and actively dislike it.)

I can understand why you would be satisfied with your Pixel 6 Pro and therefore wouldn't be as enticed by the Pixel 7 line. I may actually shift from Fitbit to a smartwatch so I may check out the Pixel Watch alongside the Pixel 7 -- but I'm not sure!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It's a developer confrence so I guess we can't expect too many product announcements. It was basically showing how much data Google have and how they're using it.

As far as the prodcuts go:

Pixel 6a looks decent - I think the price is a touch high
Pixel 7/7 Pro look good - hope they have improved quality on the devices significantly over the Pixel 6/6 Pro
Pixel Watch - supposedly runs a 2018 processor with a small battery; not interested
Pixel Buds Pro - I had the Pixel Buds 2 and had constant connectivity issues - not interested in this unless reviews and user comments overwhelmingly positive.

I was actually talking about the developer stuff too... "We'd like to tell you about all the same stuff we told you about last year, except this year it's different somehow". I suppose at least they weren't trying to have a conversation with Pluto this year.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I was actually talking about the developer stuff too... "We'd like to tell you about all the same stuff we told you about last year, except this year it's different somehow". I suppose at least they weren't trying to have a conversation with Pluto this year.

Yeah that's true. A lot of overlap from last year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance