Why oh why can't Verizon just get with the program? Is it so hard to understand that an HTC phone with qHD, LTE, dual-core and some decent battery life will sell out of stock within the first two weeks? I'm dying here waiting to get away from my Storm 2. Has anyone heard anything about anything possible in Q4 '11 or Q1 '12?
    07-23-2011 10:27 AM
    the moto droid bionic should be releasing soon
    07-23-2011 10:45 AM
    Moto Bionic and Sammy Galaxy II S (still up in the air if it's going to be 4G LTE or not... someone please correct if they know otherwise).
    Plus I'm sure Verizon has something up their sleeves for 4Q.
    07-23-2011 11:01 AM
    Yeah you're looking at Q4. At least one.
    07-23-2011 11:11 AM
    Yeah you're looking at Q4. At least one.
    Let's hope so. I am definitely not a Moto fan and while the SGS II looks intriguing, I'm not really all for the TouchWiz interface. It's pretty much HTC for me. I love Sense and am just looking for all the above features (ie the Sensation, but on Verizon's LTE network).

Hopefully, it's not just wishful thinking.
    07-23-2011 01:34 PM
    Devices just don't fall out of tree's, it takes time to construct them and make sure most of the bugs are fixed. You will get your phone soon enough.
    07-23-2011 01:38 PM
    He didnt say devices do fall out of trees but just like me I would like and htc dual core lte
    07-23-2011 01:42 PM
    Devices just don't fall out of tree's, it takes time to construct them and make sure most of the bugs are fixed. You will get your phone soon enough.
    A boy can dream. I'm just more concerned with the fact that the other three major US carriers have embarked into HTC dual core. Where is Verizon? If they're trying to prove that they offer the best phone lineup then they need to step up and provide what their customers want.

That statement even lends itself to the Bionic and the SGS II due to the fact that these handsets have been delayed for far too long. If you're going to have the best network then that also means that you try to provide your customers with a means to connect to that network efficiently.

It just seems that Verizon is a year behind on the hardware but up-to-date with the network and frankly that's just plain frustrating lol
    07-23-2011 01:57 PM
    I too once considered HTC the pinnacle of mobile phone manufacturers, but the latest devices that they've released are showing signs of cost cutting. As the OP implied (though likely unintentionally), HTC devices are lacking in one or more of the usual features that users covet. They'll put out a phone that looks great, except for a high-end screen, or a full 1GB of memory, or at least 16GB of built-in storage, or a halfway decent battery, or any combination of these. There always seems to be something missing.
    07-23-2011 10:58 PM
    Im not trying to be an ***, but its true, its gonna come just need patience.
    07-23-2011 11:34 PM
    Carriers also are to blame with what a Phone specs end up with. Look at how different the GS phones last year are. I would be very surprised if they all look the same and have the same specs. HTC made the Sensation and the EVO 3D. 2 phones pretty much the same but so different. TMO when high great case. but less then a 1gb of ram. Sprint went good case and 1gb of ram. So if you have 1 phone that will run you 300 fully loaded or 150 if you remove some options but can pick and choose which combination you would want your phone to have. That"s where they are today. That's the great thing about these phones and the bad. you can only make a phone look but so much different before they start to all look the same...

From the rumors the Bionic should be out in a few weeks so that will be their first dual core. Their biggest Manufacturer is MOTO . If you dont like Blur then change it with others from the market. If the phone itself is crap, thats a different story lol.
    07-24-2011 09:09 AM
    I highly doubt you'll see a dual core HTC phone with LTE on Verizon until early next year. If HTC were to release one now or any time soon, it would cannibalize sales of the Thunderbolt.
    07-24-2011 01:55 PM
    I think if you want a LTE dual core HTC it better come with like a 5000mah battery because the battery life on my tb is awful and that is only single core.
    07-24-2011 02:37 PM
    I highly doubt you'll see a dual core HTC phone with LTE on Verizon until early next year. If HTC were to release one now or any time soon, it would cannibalize sales of the Thunderbolt.
    And that would be a bad thing at this point?

The biggest problem with Verizon is that they know they have the best network (now even better with LTE coverage coming online in more locations) and so they lag behind on hardware. The T-Bolt was pretty much obsolete from the first unboxing video because HTC subsequently released the EVO 3D and Sensation within the next quarter offering practically double of everything the T-Bolt had.

If Sprint, T-Mobile/AT&T caught up on the network side, then Verizon would be in serious trouble. Imagine the Sensation or the EVO 3D running on Verizon's LTE network. It would be simply sublime.

The biggest knock on the T-Bolt is it's battery life, but is that where it ends? Compare specs with the Sensation and tell me you wouldn't buy that device over the T-Bolt 10 times out of 10?

Begrudgingly, I agree with your timeframe for the release of another HTC device through VZW. It's just annoying that all the other major carriers seem to want the better hardware and Verizon lags behind simply out of arrogance...
    07-25-2011 10:47 AM
    And that would be a bad thing at this point?

The biggest problem with Verizon is that they know they have the best network (now even better with LTE coverage coming online in more locations) and so they lag behind on hardware. The T-Bolt was pretty much obsolete from the first unboxing video because HTC subsequently released the EVO 3D and Sensation within the next quarter offering practically double of everything the T-Bolt had.

If Sprint, T-Mobile/AT&T caught up on the network side, then Verizon would be in serious trouble. Imagine the Sensation or the EVO 3D running on Verizon's LTE network. It would be simply sublime.

The biggest knock on the T-Bolt is it's battery life, but is that where it ends? Compare specs with the Sensation and tell me you wouldn't buy that device over the T-Bolt 10 times out of 10?

Begrudgingly, I agree with your timeframe for the release of another HTC device through VZW. It's just annoying that all the other major carriers seem to want the better hardware and Verizon lags behind simply out of arrogance...
    Not to mention Vzw bends you over when its time to pay for the phone. Most everyone else is still running the newest phones out there for 199
    07-25-2011 11:30 AM