11-08-2011 08:15 PM
49 12
tools
    Making news again... Take this for what it's worth:
    black_man_x: On the real... Vzw device is nice.. But the real beast is coming on att.. Expect greatness in the 1st qrt of 2012..
    P3Droid seems to insinuate that it's the GT-i9250.

UPDATE
    black_man_x: People calm down.. I just got a lil happy about some specs I saw. Sure other carriers will get a version. And it's not a nexus
    10-12-2011 07:29 PM
    I guess we have an answer on why so many specs that don't match up.
    10-12-2011 07:34 PM
    I couldn't care less about what AT&T and their FauxG network gets. After having an LTE phone on a great LTE network, I can't go to anything else.
    kca2000 and AZDROIDX like this.
    10-12-2011 07:35 PM
    Oh well... Of course a phone up to 5 months away will be faster. That's the nature of things...
    black_man_x: People calm down.. I just got a lil happy about some specs I saw. Sure other carriers will get a version. And it's not a nexus
    ejaymd11 likes this.
    10-12-2011 07:37 PM
    That could explain quite a bit...the GT-I9250 could be the phone with a spec bump over Verizon's.
    10-12-2011 07:37 PM
    1 to 2 months later, a better android device is released
    10-12-2011 07:39 PM
    I couldn't care less about what AT&T and their FauxG network gets. After having an LTE phone on a great LTE network, I can't go to anything else.
    Not so fast, by the first qtr. AT&T will have at least 10 or 15 towers on LTE, so whats your point?
    10-12-2011 07:39 PM
    Oh well... Of course a phone up to 5 months away will be faster. That's the nature of things...
    I was thinking that the other carriers may not get a Nexus, I mean the talk of Samsung's processor instead of the OMAP tells me that they may get a skinned version. Unless for some reason Samsung decides not to put Touchwiz on it.
    10-12-2011 07:42 PM
    Everyone relax. We are getting a Nexus on Verizon. At some point, that has to be good enough.

There will ALWAYS be something better coming.....
    10-12-2011 07:43 PM
    even when vzw does something good and finally tries to redeem themselves from years of crappy phone options, they still get one upped!!! if it is the same damn phone with better specs, i wont lie, i will be pissed. if he is talking about entirely new device, then i could care less. i just think of any decent reason they would have 2 versions of same "developer phone with different specs
    10-12-2011 07:46 PM
    The GT-i9250 is the Nexus prime that was leak. Shouldn't be any different than what Verizon and the rest of the world is getting. I'm sure the Panda is talking something totally different and I'm sure it'll be LTE equipped. That device leaked was not.

Having been paying attention to P3Droid lately. After being dramatic about Verizon not getting the Nexus, then earlier today with hypebeasting what we assume is a tablet over the Prime, confusing people. And now this. Not sure where he's been getting his Samsung intel as of late, but it doesn't seem to be reliable.
    10-12-2011 07:47 PM
    never ending cycle

Sent from my TBolt using Tapatalk
    10-12-2011 07:51 PM
    I have t mobile and the service is great but I live in New York city where service maybe better than elsewhere regardless for the price I pay I'm happy not even mention battery life , my only concern is limited data with this fast downloading speeds what's the point after a few youtube downloads i hit the cap.... even on my "low end " Samsung exhibit, they must come up with true unlimited data
    10-12-2011 07:53 PM
    I have t mobile and the service is great but I live in New York city where service maybe better than elsewhere regardless for the price I pay I'm happy not even mention battery life , my only concern is limited data with this fast downloading speeds what's the point after a few youtube downloads i hit the cap.... even on my "low end " Samsung exhibit, they must come up with true unlimited data
    Im in NJ and I agree the service is fantastic around here. I have a nexus one and the only time i have gone over the data cap is when I left google music streaming on all night. And edge isn't all that bad.

I have made google music streaming only to work on Wifi since then.
    10-12-2011 08:02 PM
    Really, it never ends. People latch onto something coming soon that is going to be the best on the market. Then somebody says something about a new device in passing, so everyone decides the thing they were looking forward to is crap compared to what comes next. Really, you have to just pick what you like that is either here now or very soon, and roll with it. There is always something better some time away. Imagine what will be out in two years when your contract is up for renewal!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    oxymoron likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:05 PM
    maybe he's talking about Samsung Note? AFAIK ETA on that is Q1 2012.
    5.3", 1.4 dual core, 8+2 MP cameras, 2500 mAh battery! smart pen input!

Samsung GALAXY Note - Samsung Mobile
    Lucki likes this.
    10-12-2011 08:08 PM
    Why is this thread in the Nexus forum?

*customized tapatalk signature*
    10-12-2011 08:35 PM
    I'm getting confuse. Is this thread about the Nexus Prime coming to AT&T in Q1 of 2012?
    10-12-2011 08:59 PM
    A nexus is better than any better spec'd phone with a skin over it and gets updates a year later. Stop crying and worrying nothing is better than a Nexus till the next Nexus comes out.
    10-12-2011 09:09 PM
    I read the rumored spec, seemed like a faster processor made by Samsung and different radio. I really wasn't all that impressed with the differences. Better yes, worth waiting months for no. I wonder which specs blackmanx was referring to...?
    10-12-2011 09:26 PM
    The Nexus family isn't about specs, it's about having a phone straight from Google that has Android tailor made for its hardware, and getting updates and other goodies first (Google Talk with Video, Google Wallet, etc).

If you buy the latest Nexus, you will be able to stand against most any other phone in real world performance for the next year (until the next Nexus is released), especially using custom ROMs and kernels. This is the reason I sold my Sensation 4G (superior specs on paper) and kept my Nexus S.
    10-12-2011 10:21 PM
    The Nexus family isn't about specs
    Umm... yes, it is. When the Nexus One came out, it was created to be a flagship device to really launch Android (because every other phone on the market was "meh" at best).

Google may have backed off a bit with the Nexus S, but that's definitely arguable.
    10-12-2011 10:31 PM
    The Nexus family isn't about specs, it's about having a phone straight from Google that has Android tailor made for its hardware, and getting updates and other goodies first (Google Talk with Video, Google Wallet, etc).

If you buy the latest Nexus, you will be able to stand against most any other phone in real world performance for the next year (until the next Nexus is released), especially using custom ROMs and kernels. This is the reason I sold my Sensation 4G (superior specs on paper) and kept my Nexus S.
    Yup. Pretty much.

Once the community get it's hands on this device, expect amazing things to unfold and new life to be added to this phone down the line. It's what's kept me sane with my OG Droid phone all this time.
    10-12-2011 10:33 PM
    At this point I'd honestly rather have the AT&T SGS2. Better soc. Smaller phone. Better camera, front and back.

If the SGS2 had the 720p display but at 4.3", that'd be the ultimate phone for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-12-2011 11:02 PM
    At this point I'd honestly rather have the AT&T SGS2. Better soc. Smaller phone. Better camera, front and back.

If the SGS2 had the 720p display but at 4.3", that'd be the ultimate phone for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Touchwiz, gingerbread for another 8 months, no thank you.
    Live2ride883, ejaymd11 and Lucki like this.
    10-12-2011 11:23 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD