The Droid 4 already? First (alleged) pixs!

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, that was quick! Here is the purported first image of the Motorola Droid 4.

These are the rumored specs:

4-inch screen (assuming Super AMOLED Advanced)

Full 5-row illuminated keyboard

RAZR styling

4G LTE

Non-removable battery

Android 2.3.5

1080p video recording (assuming 8MP)

Front camera

HDMI out

MotoACTV syncing

Here's the link:
Motorola Droid 4 surfaces ... wait, already?

Last edited:

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This might be the phone for me. Don't like the idea of a non-removable battery though...... Love physical keyboard/LTE combo. Hmmmm.......

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
If I wanted a keyboard this would be the phone for me, but would be even better if they wanted a couple months and added ICS to it for the release.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This might be the phone for me. Don't like the idea of a non-removable battery though...... Love physical keyboard/LTE combo. Hmmmm.......

At Howard Forums they said that the battery would be removable. I can't post the link right now because the site is down.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I dunno. I was tempted until I heard/saw the following:

* non removable battery: This thing has LTE, that's a big power concern for me. If the battery size is meh then that'll give me pause.

* keyboard: WTF happened to the wide spaced keyboard of the D3? Finally we all got a proper keyboard with nice spacing between the keys and now Motorola reverts to cramming all the keys together again. At least the keys themselves remain pretty decently sized, they just appear to have plenty of space on the left or right to make this keyboard sing, why didn't they take advantage of it?

Edit: it appears like there's still space between the keys but it looks smaller for some reason...

I reckon we can expect the usual verizon meddling: non unlockable bootloader, bloatware galore, etc.

Last edited:

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I dunno. I was tempted until I heard/saw the following:

* non removable battery: This thing has LTE, that's a big power concern for me. If the battery size is meh then that'll give me pause.

* keyboard: WTF happened to the wide spaced keyboard of the D3? Finally we all got a proper keyboard with nice spacing between the keys and now Motorola reverts to cramming all the keys together again. At least the keys themselves remain pretty decently sized, they just appear to have plenty of space on the left or right to make this keyboard sing, why didn't they take advantage of it?

I reckon we can expect the usual verizon meddling: non unlockable bootloader, bloatware galore, etc.

I'm led to believe that the battery is removable.

The keyboard looks great to me.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I find it amazing how fast that these phones get released. The Droid 3 just came out in May or June. And it's successor is around the corner already? Why don't phone companies that have phones that have follow-ups (iPhone, Galaxy S, Droid X...) release them every other year? What's the rush? Two of the same phone in less than a year, in some cases? No sense.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I find it amazing how fast that these phones get released. The Droid 3 just came out in May or June. And it's successor is around the corner already? Why don't phone companies that have phones that have follow-ups (iPhone, Galaxy S, Droid X...) release them every other year? What's the rush? Two of the same phone in less than a year, in some cases? No sense.

My contract was up in May and my girlfriends is up now. They want your money is the reason.

Plus the Droid 3 will be outdated in term of technology at the rate we are seeing advancces

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

The thing is that as far as we know this phone could very well be named something other than Droid 4 when it gets released. It could be named Droid 3 LTE or Droid HD (provided that they somehow managed to get a 1280 x 720p display on there). Don't forget that last year the D2G was released shortly after the D2.

It's all about demand. The D3 sold well and keyboard lovers wanted a 4G LTE slider that had a dual-core processor thus they had no choice but to start getting it ready. Considering Motorola's slow first half this year, it was only natural that they get the ball rolling to keep their stockholders pleased.

Last edited:

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. This phone should have came out months ago. My only disappointment is when the D3 will lose a significant amount of Dev support. Call me selfish.

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Why don't phone companies that have phones that have follow-ups (iPhone, Galaxy S, Droid X...) release them every other year? What's the rush?

Do you really want to live without LTE for the next two years? 2013 is a long way away.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to see more high-end sliders, not fewer.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you really want to live without LTE for the next two years? 2013 is a long way away.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to see more high-end sliders, not fewer.

I don't have a problem with progress. That's what technology does. My thing is that if the tech is only marginally better, why not wait until its so much better that it makes sense to release it. The Droid 4 looks like a great phone, but the Droid 3 could have been released with a lot of the great features that the Droid 4 is reported to have. And its coming out literally less then 6-8 months after its predecessor. That isn't progress. That's milking a cash cow.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I only had my Droid 3 for about a month, and the Droid 4 looks allot better, hopefully I can get it with the price tag of cheep or free/trade.

LTE + Great Keyboard + Cool Razr style + Probably better battery.
Though I agree Motorola is going a bit too fast here.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
And its coming out literally less then 6-8 months after its predecessor. That isn't progress. That's milking a cash cow.

...and milking it well. You won't see me or the others who want a 4G LTE slider with a dual-core processor complaining.

Verizon's not being the greedy bastard that it could be by getting the Droid Loyalty plan together.

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with progress. That's what technology does. My thing is that if the tech is only marginally better, why not wait until its so much better that it makes sense to release it. The Droid 4 looks like a great phone, but the Droid 3 could have been released with a lot of the great features that the Droid 4 is reported to have. And its coming out literally less then 6-8 months after its predecessor. That isn't progress. That's milking a cash cow.

If you were talking about slab phones, I might agree. The market is flooded with touchscreen-only devices.

But two high-end sliders per year doesn't strike me as excessive. Even if you add the HTC MyTouch 4G Slide and the Samsung Captivate Glide, that's only four dual-core sliders in 2011, and no more than two from any single manufacturer or carrier.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The Droid4 is the natural upgrade for those that held off on the D3.. as I told alot of people the D3 isnt for those that want the bleeding edge.. all that power and the evdo radio drags down alot of the functionality.. Moto only builds what the carrier requests, so if you want to yell about double dipping.. you may want to talk to verizon wireless about that..

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Droid4 is the natural upgrade for those that held off on the D3.. as I told alot of people the D3 isnt for those that want the bleeding edge.. all that power and the evdo radio drags down alot of the functionality.. Moto only builds what the carrier requests, so if you want to yell about double dipping.. you may want to talk to verizon wireless about that..

Much needed clarification from the Panda.

As for the upgrade to the Droid 4, I'm currently under contract for the Droid 3, but I feel that a full retail upgrade to the Droid 4 is within my means so I'll happily do that...unless Verizon kicks off that rumored Droid Loyalty program before it gets released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay