Non-Removable Batteries and Privacy?

davidb72

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the fact that some of the new Motorola phones have non-removable batteries bother anyone from a privacy standpoint?

FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool - CNET News

I know it's bordering on conspiracy theory territory, but for me it is a concern.

I was really thinking I'd like to get the new Razr, but now I don't know?

Is there anything that can be done to block the signal? Wrap the phone in tin foil? LOL...

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What about pulling the SIM card? The bottom line is, if you're concerned about the FBI spying on you through your phone, what the hell are you doing? If you think they will be monitoring you "just because", you watch too much TV.

Bryan

Last edited:

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. If the FBI has a reason to "Tap" your phone, you must be doing something rather interesting. I asurre you there are not enough FBI agents for tapping you "Just because" and there actually are requirements that must be met before the tapping starts...

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Well if you are of ethnic descent then youre probably being monitored for no reason besides that.

Whats to say this power wont be abused

davidb72

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I don't know... the Federal Judges who have to be convinced it's a good idea before they go live on the phone... Just a thought.

Did you happen to read the article I linked to in the original post? It doesn't seem like they need much convincing.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I always wondered if they put cameras in my cereal bowls and listening bugs in my gym bag...

Lol kidding aside, they'll only tap it if they have a REALLLLY good reason. its expensive to do and monitor, remember.....

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you happen to read the article I linked to in the original post? It doesn't seem like they need much convincing.

I did. 3 things...

1) The targets were an organized crime ring... Aka the MOB.

2) Lesser means had already failed and could not be easily employed.

3). Most importantly "Details are sketchy, but court documents say a bug was placed in the phone, the mics were not remotely tapped". Then the conspiricy theory starts. Notice how the judge wanted to be kept up to date on locations and content of conversations, that's so the judge could shut it down if the tree wasn't bearing fruit.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

kevinAnd

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes but you forget that sometimes we might be considered guilty just by reason of relationships. My Uncle knows a friend who hangs out with unsavory types. As a result they might want to bug my phone just to see what falls out of the tree.
I am not worried, just sayin'

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not only are FBI agents tracking all cell phones, but the NSA is tracking all government issued and personal cell phones of all FBI agents.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89