IS the DROID 4 REALLY being released December 8th?!?

girlinthesw

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I got a D2 global in january. loved that phone and it loved me. Til i dropped it the day after thanksgiving...and the screen shattered.

So took a trip to the verizon store, and was due for an upgrade and got the Droid 3. immeaditly it started doing weird things, and wants to send text to my friend (who IS a verizon customer too)phone. Even disabling setting like predict and capitlization and spell correct didnt fix it. Took it back yesterday and they gave me a new one for free. This one STILL does it, but not as much, only occasionally.

NO sooner do I get home than I hear from my brother, the smartphone worshipper, that he just heard d4 is going to be released.
Im now reading the rumors...a lot of them say Droid 4 will make its entrance on December 8Th, with the new nexus.
Does anyone, since youre all much more smartphone savvy than me, think this is the real deal? Dec 8th?

also..maybe a fellow verizon customer can answer this..so i was due for an upgrade, got the demon phone, returned the demon phone and got the same one without its problems..i know normally you have 14 days to exchange a phone and pay a restocking fee to get a totally different phone..since i:confused: took broken phone back, is my exchange gone? OR if d4 comes out on Dec 8th, can i take d3 back and pay the restock fee and get D4 still????

afgasparo

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Probably, they're different policies. With the return policy, you can return a working, used phone (in perfect condition). With the other one (not sure what it's called) you can get your faulty phone replaced.

I think you can still return it with the 14 day window.

Ali Fazel

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't know, but I would like for it to come out sooner rather than later. Once it comes out my hope is that the Droid 3 will be discontinued and I can order a Droid 4 for work :mad:

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
you should beable to.. I wouldnt be surprised if someone gave you a hard time about it though, just be persistent and tell them the other one was defective and now you wanted to exercise your 14 day satisfaction guarantee on the phone and you werent satisfied.. I think they put it through as "wanted more features" on your receipt.

Ive returned 2 phones on the same line in the past month.. I know you arent suppose to beable to but Ive heard of people having to swap defective phones out 3-4 times so you should beable to.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Also Verizon extended the return period to mid January so you should be all set and just have to pay the restocking fee.

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Also Verizon extended the return period to mid January so you should be all set and just have to pay the restocking fee.

Agreed. They may try to say you already had your one exchange though, but that would be worst case scenario. They are usually not that difficult to deal with. Just be nice and you should be fine.

pandemonium76

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
you have until January 9th to return the device, BUT you can only have a return twice, so even though the first d3 was defective, you can only return it once more and pay the $35 restock fee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze