Any new phones for Virgin Mobile 1st Q 2012 ?

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I didnt hear anything from CES, and with the LG Marquee going to Boost (which I was hoping was going to be the one coming to VM) , was left wondering if VM will have any new phones this quarter.

I have see photos, of a couple of the ZTE phones ("Venture" and "Chaser"), that may be headed there, but was wondering if anyone had heard (rumor's, ect.) of any new phones coming to Virgin Mobile this quarter.

I have had the Optimus V (great phone) since Jan. 2011, and want to upgrade.

Any information is appreciated.

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I am willing to wait till the end of February, but if there is nothing worthwhile, I will consider changing.

Raine'Bows

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm really hoping that the LG Optimus Black is going to be hitting the site soon! They already have the OB in Australia so it's not like it would be anything new to Virgin, just they need to create the US version of the phone.
I saw the Marquee (LG Optimus Black) on Boosts site as well and with ntelos, Sprint, and US Celluar but all given different names.
I'm really pinning on this phone but haven't seen any new rumors about it going to Virgin or any new phones going to Virgin for that matter. I'm not willing to give up my 25$ plan but I'm not willing to chance the Triumph, if it comes down to it I guess I'd get the triumph by march if nothing comes up but that's all I'm willing to do.

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm also on the $25 plan and do not want to give it up, but my desire for a "better" phone, and seeing all the new phones coming to Boost is proving to be difficult to subdue.

I also am going to wait until the end of February/first on March to see if any new phone make it to VM,
and make my decision then.

Swift23

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Here's something to try. (Phones there, Galaxy S II, Iphone 4S and many others)

Phones - Virgin Mobile Canada

You would have to buy the phone at full value i.e. (30 day plan so $600 for the GS II) but there is a 30 day return policy so there's no risk in trying this, other then time wasted.

So this is what you can try. Pretend you are a existing customer in Canada and that you just moved to the US or are moving in the next week or so, you would like to keep your phone and service with Virgin but you know the plans are different in the US and if there was anyway to work something out. (If you have a friend that lives there this whole thing will be a lot easier)

I don't think they would have a issue with it since they obviously are on the sprint network which carries all those phones down here so the towers or service wont be a issue and the phones from there will be loaded Virgin Mobile software already (The only reason they won't let you bring your awesome phone from your last provider besides they want you to buy a phone) and you "already bought a expensive phone from them" so I think if you play it like you may just say screw it, unlock your phone and switch providers they may let you have w.e. phone you want on their US prepaid plans.

As a added bonus that will help your case they are starting their throttling data cap soon(2.5 gigs a month before it goes to 256K or 512k data rate) so big data hogs like those shouldn't be a issue. I hope this helps! This plan also means wayyyy more money in the bank for Virgin and some very happy customers! It's a win, win.

Last edited:

TiberiuSVilcu

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Waitwaitwait, aren't VM Canada and USA completely different?
Canada uses GSM, while it's CDMA here in the States.
The phones would be completely incompatible...

But yeah, I'm interested in new phones, too. Besides the rumored One V, I'd like to have another option...

xxBrun0xx

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Get a Triumph. You won't regret it. I just swapped from the optimus V to the Triumph, and after reading all of the horror stories about them, I am flat out astonished at how good these phones are. Yes, they are a bit pricey and no, they aren't the galaxy nexus. But do you need a dual core? Is it worth paying an extra $75/month for that extra tiny bit of computing power? Personally, I don't think it is, especially considering quad-core phones that blow the current batch of superphones out of the water are just starting to crop up. If you're really unhappy with virgin, give the Straight Talk bring you own phone program a try, their plans are pretty similar price-wise to ours.

hotbuffguy44

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I will stay with Virgin as long as I'm grandfathered in to the sweet $25 a month plan. 300 minutes of talk are plenty for me, and the email and IM and other Android features are what's important to me at present.
And for 25 bucks? It's the best deal in the world at present. So I'll stick with my Op V. Sure, I have to juggle applications due to the low memory, but it works for me just fine. If some day I can get the Black or another upgrade, I will. For now, I'm happy as a clam.

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Not long after I opened this thread on 1/13/12, a friend of mine rooted and installed Harmonia 2.03 (I'm a noob, and he is the IT guy at the company I work for) so this has made me quite happy with my OV. However, I am really interested in the HTC One V w/ ICS and Sense 4.0. Will wait until there are some user reviews before I make a purchase.

big bobber

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
You better buy a new phone quick!
Virgin Mobile is trying to drive their customers away. With a weak phone selection and throttled data speeds, VM has just released another bit of bad news.

For all of us who are grandfathered into the $25 Beyond Talk plan, we will lose our grandfather status if we want to upgrade our phones.

Starting May 20th, anyone who upgrades their phone will be kicked out of the $25 plan and will be forced to join the $35 plan.

Why would anyone stay with VM for $35 when there are better services with MUCH better phones for the same monthly charge.

I have to make a decision on whether I want to upgrade to the triumph now or just keep my Optimus V and eventually move to a different carrier.

Bad business move VM!

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You better buy a new phone quick!
Virgin Mobile is trying to drive their customers away. With a weak phone selection and throttled data speeds, VM has just released another bit of bad news.

For all of us who are grandfathered into the $25 Beyond Talk plan, we will lose our grandfather status if we want to upgrade our phones.

Starting May 20th, anyone who upgrades their phone will be kicked out of the $25 plan and will be forced to join the $35 plan.

Why would anyone stay with VM for $35 when there are better services with MUCH better phones for the same monthly charge.

I have to make a decision on whether I want to upgrade to the triumph now or just keep my Optimus V and eventually move to a different carrier.

Bad business move VM!

This is only partly true... the reason they are upping their prices for upgrades is because they are releasing 4g and 4g compatible devices, such as the evo 3d. Its not completely bad. You can always keep your current phone if you don't want to pay more.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the old ov 2.2.1 froyo I switched to Harmonia 2.06 after a year of stock vm.. Great little phone for the price ($150 at the time : ) and with the mod is a beast at $25 a month.. Really looking hard at the Triumph.. But Just can't get past the over $200 price tag..

The May 20th upgrade change to $35 only if connected to a 4G capability would be awesome at $35 IMO..

To be honest I might have to own both as the ov is well into the got my monies worth catagory and ride it out to the bitter end.. OV in the car full time would be nice..

And for $60 a month I could have 2 phones and 4G!! WTF!! VM has aweful customer service and I will get it from the local radio shack so I don't have to deal with them.. With that out of the way I love the economy of this company as a customer.. The Triumph paired with a $35 plan is still the #1 offering out there in the pre-paid space so color me there all be it a little late..

I'm hoping to see something on a confirmed killer new phone other than the zte phones (not killer) but I don't think we will be getting droid x's in the near future.. But when 4G comes out then that will be another phone on another thread and I hope to see you all there real soon : )

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2