6.5" Screen on a Smartphone... anybody?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that would be definitely too big for me I don't like the size of the Galaxy Note. When I put it in my hand it didn't feel like a phone. I would have to pass on anything that big or bigger.

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
6.5 inches is a hat size so you could wear it on your head with the android handset holder headband and be happy all the time and have a neck like a pitbull!! What's not to like?? :confused:

mnor

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
"6.5 inches is a hat size so you could wear it on your head with the android handset holder headband "

You mean a head-holder....something like this>

Last edited:

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I would be interested in this size, I am currently waiting and hoping that the Note comes out with Sprint soon, I am eligible for upgrade in August! Why not an edge to edge phone screen, with all the technology out I believe this would be possible.:cool:

Reactions: ScandaLeX

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh, yes, 6.5" to 7.5" display, YES. I would love a phone-tablet (or tablet-phone) of this display size! I always use the speakerphone on my HTC Inspire and previous cells---so size of a cell held to my ear is not applicable. :)

Prior to my 10" Toshiba Thrive tab, I tried an HTC Flyer for a week---the only thing missing for me was voice call capability. The Flyer just seemed like it should have calling.

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
OK....do you guys remember when the iPad first launched and every Android user said it was nothing more than an iPhone and that people would look stupid using those iPads? Now who is going to be the one looking silly? For me, I think that 4.3" is just about right, anything bigger than that I think it has lost it's phone appeal and moved on to a tablet.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree... almost. I have the Gnex, with a 4.65 screen. Its about the limit for me, and I've got decent sized hands. I tried the note (5.3 inch screen) and found it terribly awkward, both in my hand(s) and held up to my head.

That being said, IMHO the Note is kind of a specialty item. A small sized tablet, which I would imagine limits its usability as a tablet. Yet its awkward as a smartphone, due to the fact it would almost always have to be handled 2 handed.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
at these increased sizes,you may as well walk around with a tablet stuck to your face..ridiculous lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Rally Android

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, yes, 6.5" to 7.5" display, YES. I would love a phone-tablet (or tablet-phone) of this display size! I always use the speakerphone on my HTC Inspire and previous cells---so size of a cell held to my ear is not applicable. :)

Look at the international Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, you can make calls with it.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Look at the international Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, you can make calls with it.

Yo, my husband has this wireless device (probably not what you term international); I set it up for him and after a year of resolving probs with it I'm definitely not partial to a Samsung tab. In fact, although I'm very attracted to the Note, I've been wondering whether I'd have the same lack of feeling toward it (since it's a Samsung product). I plan to purchase a Note 2 as soon as it comes to AT&T if it is more advanced/intuitive/smoother than the tab 7. :)

Can anyone in here (who has used both the Note and the 7" tab) please comment on differences?

NateBoii

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thats a bit much, keep it 5" and under and focus on making brilliant screen displays
and excellent cameras as well as awesome tough stable hardware.