Can someone recommend a good android phone for Sprint??

mgj0623

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Need some advice! I've had the original HTC Evo for years. Works great, love it, but it's about time to move on, especially since I understand I will not be able to get the latest Ice Cream Sandwich update on the original HTC Evo.

So, Im starting to look around. I can wait a few months if something new is coming out, but is there really anything new coming to sprint that's worth the wait? Unfortunately other members of my household are locked in to sprint and they're unlimited plan is the best for my family, otherwise, I'd drop them in a second!

My phone basically operates as my primary computer (almost) and Im big into the camera/photo stuff on my phone and I'm considered a high user. (Thank god for unlimited data with sprint) Years ago I purchased the extended battery for the Evo so battery life is important!

Ideas or suggestions? Wait for something coming out, or go with what's available now?

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
HTC and Sprint are making an announcement at the beginning of April. There are definitely phones coming soon. I would wait. Especially for a phone running on the new LTE network.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with. The HTC announcement is supposed to be interesting because of the new LTE network but also there is more evidence the Samsung Galaxy 3 is On the way coming summer with a quad core and a thing looking frame. I have the Galaxy II and the Sprint report for my work says almost 10 months later itvis heir big phone still and itvis getting ICS. Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name. Have the best buy buyback and probably willvusevit to get a new LTe phone in a year.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I would wait... This is a tough time for Sprint users ATM.. The impending update to LTE network, having to stay true to your new device/contract for 2 years now with the elimination of the Premier 1 year update program. I would hold off as long as possible to see what Sprint rolls out in the next few weeks, month or so.... Your patience will pay off in the long run.

Clay333

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
If you need to get a phone now get the EVO 3d. I just swapped to verizon and got the rezound, but it still doesn't seem as nice as my 3d was.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait a couple of months. But I agree with the poster above, if you have a strong reason to get something now, look at the Motorola Photon. It will be upgraded to ICS later this year ("third quarter") and even in Gingerbread, it's a fine phone. It has good radios, so the battery time is decent. It was one of the fastest phones on the market last summer, so it's still pretty slick and smooth at basic stuff. Also, I have come to appreciate the lightweight Moto interface on this phone. Mostly, it's vanilla Android. But it is has some nice features that really do add value (for me) like that you can individually dismiss notifications (standard in ICS, but apparently not in Gingerbread).

My main computer is a Mac, so I also like the "media sync", or whatever it's called, that lets me import play lists from iTunes, albums from iPhoto, and contacts from my Mac's address book.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus is now on Sprint and is LTE 4g. It is much better than the Photon. I was able to run a side by side comparison with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus and my friends Photon. Everything was noticeably chunkier/laggy on the Photon. The Galaxy Nexus is smooth as butter and runs 4.0.4 stock with Sprint.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000