Any new HTC/Android phones coming up in 2012?

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Are Samsung phones really that bad? I am waiting to get the Note 2 but if Samsung is really that bad then maybe I will wait for an HTC phone. Anyone know if HTC is making a phone with a 5"+ screen.

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Are Samsung phones really that bad? I am waiting to get the Note 2 but if Samsung is really that bad then maybe I will wait for an HTC phone. Anyone know if HTC is making a phone with a 5"+ screen.

Did you see Samsung's operating profit for Q2 (on the front page of AC)? They're clearly doing something right, and the popularity of their phones has been a huge part of it.

Samsung phones aren't bad. In fact, they are quite good. The only thing is that a lot of people don't like the fact that basically all of their phones are made out of plastic. The GS3 is perhaps a little better because the material used is higher quality, but still, a lot of people prefer the build quality of HTC to Samsung. The Note 2 could end up being an excellent device, especially if you're looking for a phone with a huge screen. There's no saying if HTC will make a 5"+ device, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they eventually do, mainly because displays are still getting bigger and bigger with each new slate of phones.

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Did you see Samsung's operating profit for Q2 (on the front page of AC)? They're clearly doing something right, and the popularity of their phones has been a huge part of it.

Samsung phones aren't bad. In fact, they are quite good. The only thing is that a lot of people don't like the fact that basically all of their phones are made out of plastic. The GS3 is perhaps a little better because the material used is higher quality, but still, a lot of people prefer the build quality of HTC to Samsung. The Note 2 could end up being an excellent device, especially if you're looking for a phone with a huge screen. There's no saying if HTC will make a 5"+ device, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they eventually do, mainly because displays are still getting bigger and bigger with each new slate of phones.

HTC phones are made of plastic also so how is it better than Samsung. I know neither have as good build quality as my original Motorola droid. Also I don't ever drop my phones or abuse them in any way so something that breaks easily when dropped doesn't matter to me. I actually will get the note 2. I want the huge screen and I have always thought of HTC as junk. Not sure why but I have always thought this. Just a side note everyone doesn't need to tell me that I'm "dumb" or something similar because I think HTC is junk. I have never owned an HTC phone, they just seem bad to me, and I myself don't really know why I think this.

emanuelm123

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Made of plastic? Are u serious? Do some research on there one line or the evo 4g lte way better build quality than a Samsung device

Sent from my Evo 4g lte on Android Central Forums

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Not all HTC phones are plastic. My Sensation has an aluminum back/sides. Also, for the guy who doesn't like HTC, that's perfectly fine. There's plenty of things about my Sensation that I don't like. Samsung seems to win for snappiness in the UI (and that's not just down to Sense being slow, even running AOKP I get lag a lot).

And while the GS3 and One X are both polycarbonate, there are few people who would disagree with the statement that the One X has better build quality (I'm talking about the designed build quality, I have no idea if one or the other tends to have more defects).

Lastly, let's not argue, guys. The GS3 and One X are both great devices, and I can't wait to see what Samsung and HTC put out in the future. Never forget that one of the best things about Android is that we always have multiple high end devices to choose from that fit our personal preferences.

TrailOrTrash

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
It seems everyone wants to morph their phone into a tablet/phone combo. I seem to be the only person in the universe desirous of a petite phone. If anyone knows of a decent 4" phone on the horizon, I will be overjoyed to hear about it!

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It seems everyone wants to morph their phone into a tablet/phone combo. I seem to be the only person in the universe desirous of a petite phone. If anyone knows of a decent 4" phone on the horizon, I will be overjoyed to hear about it!

You aren't the only one, though it does seem we're in the minority. For me, 4.3" like the original Evo is about as big as I want. Looked at the S3 and Evo LTE...both are just a bit too big for my taste. I'm hoping they come back with a 4.3" LTE model sometime after Sprint's LTE rolls out in Charlotte.

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You aren't the only one, though it does seem we're in the minority. For me, 4.3" like the original Evo is about as big as I want. Looked at the S3 and Evo LTE...both are just a bit too big for my taste. I'm hoping they come back with a 4.3" LTE model sometime after Sprint's LTE rolls out in Charlotte.

I'm in the same group. I think my 4.3" Sensation is just about the perfect form factor. I'll take as big a display as possible as long as the overall size of the phone is the same as my Sensation, and I think that 4.5" devices will soon be as small as 2011's 4.3" devices thanks to receding bezels. Which is why I'm still waiting to get a new phone as the One X/GS3/Note giants are just not my cup of tea. Give me a larger screen like that but with tiny bezels so that the phone is as small (or nearly) as my Sensation, and I'm buying.

lordryan1985gt

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I would get one now.. buddie just bought the new gs3, and its fast with the 4g from Verizon.. I was shocked , we did a few download races. on both me on my 3g network from sprint. and then both of us on my WiFi network at home. phone was just a tad faster. but I bade my EVO lte for about a month now, so I blame that because I only have 1 gb left of space on my phone. ;-). but yeah his phone just feels cheap. so I can't wait for sprint to get there lte up and running.. and for the jellybean update. then our phones will be in a whole new ball park ..
:cool:j

turkeyb

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
HTC phones are made of plastic also so how is it better than Samsung. I know neither have as good build quality as my original Motorola droid. Also I don't ever drop my phones or abuse them in any way so something that breaks easily when dropped doesn't matter to me. I actually will get the note 2. I want the huge screen and I have always thought of HTC as junk. Not sure why but I have always thought this. Just a side note everyone doesn't need to tell me that I'm "dumb" or something similar because I think HTC is junk. I have never owned an HTC phone, they just seem bad to me, and I myself don't really know why I think this.

If you have never owned an htc phone then why would you consider it junk? You also need to do your research before you make such an opinion. Htc phones are not made of plastic. Check the specs. A lot of people depend on the truth and sincerity of these forums to make an honest decision before buying a phone or device. Either come informed or don't come at all!

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Made of plastic? Are u serious? Do some research on there one line or the evo 4g lte way better build quality than a Samsung device

Sent from my Evo 4g lte on Android Central Forums

Personal preference or not, the feel of a quality build or not... facts is facts and the One series is made of plastic, too.

I prefer HTC, as well, but it is what it is.

KABLE11

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying the htc one x or the motorola hd but 2 years ago i got my samsung captivate(att version of galaxy s) and 1 month later the samsung galaxy s2 came out and i was angry because i like having the newest tecnology.So I want htc to release a newer version of htc one x or a newer motorola atrix but id really like if sony put in snapdragon 4 and 4.1 or 4.0 in the xperia ion so im hoping they come out with new phones this winter/ fall because i have an upgrade in 1 month or so and i dont want screwed like last time

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Personal preference or not, the feel of a quality build or not... facts is facts and the One series is made of plastic, too.

I prefer HTC, as well, but it is what it is.

Well, except for the whole One S aluminum shell thing...

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I like HTC over Samsung mainly because of the quality of the radios and GPS. I've had phones from both and I clearly got better 4G and GPS results with the HTC. I do like the Samsung screens and their light weight. But I'd rather have one that works well overall, and for me that has been HTC.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the One S, had it unlocked and switched to AT&T.

Bought a One X on Craigslist, man am I impressed.

Best screen I've seen yet.

I do hope the next HTC line of phones goes back to expandable memory and removable battery.

A pain to take your media with you to your new phone without the mini SD, in fact I just lost it all, which I really dont like.

;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01