Any new HTC/Android phones coming up in 2012?

toxicious

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I recently started thinking about buying a HTC instead of an iPhone as my next phone which lead to me looking up the latest models. What I have understood at the moment is that the One X is the power horse in their collection and their newest one also?

Are there any other phones rumored or planned for 2012 from HTC?
Or to widen the question: are there any other epic smartphones with Android coming up this year?

Just want to know so I don't go and buy the One X now and then find out that they are releasing a phone with maybe 4G or so just some months later :)

Just to clarify, it's android I am after and I am open to all manufacturers other than Samsung ;)

toxicious

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Checked it up and I must say that seems like something worth waiting for (if it comes this fall). Even though I may not need the 4G since I can't afford the 4G speed-deals the 2GB RAM and other still secret features will be nice.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I already have the HTC One S but I find myself wanting another Nexus phone.

But I just really dont care for Samsung devices.

And of course the Galaxy Nexus is the latest Nexus phone.

And while I am tablet-less (have yet to feel the need for a tablet) I am looking at
getting a Nexus 7 16gb tablet because of the price, and I find myself looking at the reduced GNex price too.

Is there another Nexus phone coming soon does anyone know ?

I really dont want to buy a GNex and a month later a new Nexus is released, because
yes I will have to have one.

:confused:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't want HTC or Samsung to release any other phones this year.

People here are always complaining about too much choice and too little time between phones.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert, but I wouldn't be surprised to see HTC release a high-end phone like the One X or the EVO LTE for Verizon in the Fall.

My bet is HTC offered exclusivity to AT&T and Sprint and when they finally provide something to Verizon it will be slightly re-worked and re-named.

toxicious

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I don't want HTC or Samsung to release any other phones this year.

People here are always complaining about too much choice and too little time between phones.

I am somewhat with you there. One release a year (iPhone style) is enough I think. For example they release 3 different phones every year and that's it. Then they would have much more time to work on getting the updates out.

If I would know for sure that HTC wouldn't release any new power house this fall, I wouldn't cry. I would go to store and but a One X and be happy :p

Reactions: Ry

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping HTC releases a new high end phone this fall/winter for Sprint/AT&T/Verizon. As a T-Mobile Sensation user (who gets to upgrade almost exactly one year from now), I think such a HTC release for the other carriers this fall/winter would mean that the next HTC release would go to T-Mobile and be perfectly timed for my upgrade.

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend got the S3, it's pretty freaking nice. The next Nexus will most likely drop in November sometime. HTC might release another flagship in the winter, but I doubt Samsung will (unless there is only one new nexus model coming and they make it, I hope there will be multiple Nexus devices from multiple OEMs). That is a while to wait though, so if you want a new phone go for the HOX or the S3, maybe the GNex for jellybean.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I feel like HTC needs to come out with a revised phone this fall. HTC need to make one with 2G ram and fix the multitasking, etc. HTC is losing sales and profit to Samsung and Apple.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I love my HTC Thunderbolt and in my second day with my Samsung Galaxy S3, I lover this one even more.
New HTC phones this year? Well, now I can wait until 2013. :)

toxicious

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought the HTC One X and all I can say is that I love it!
Will never buy an iPhone again. The only thing that could be better is 1 extra gig of RAM (for a total of 2). But hey, I haven't even got jelly bean and the butter stuff yet so it can only get better ;)

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so the EVO LTE launched like a month ago. The last phones HTC and Samsung launched are both very new. Get one now. If u are a person who is always waiting for the most recent new phone then u will be waiting forever.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

toxicious

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people aren't fans of Samsung because of their radio's and build quality. Too much plastic makes the phone feel cheap.

You hit the spot my friend. If someone else, like HTC, was creating the Google Nexus phones, I would have bought one instead of an HTC.

+their user interface looks like a bad copy of iPhone. I want android, not iPhone.

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You hit the spot my friend. If someone else, like HTC, was creating the Google Nexus phones, I would have bought one instead of an HTC.

+their user interface looks like a bad copy of iPhone. I want android, not iPhone.

I'm really hoping HTC creates the next Nexus (or at least one of them, if there are multiple). The materials on the One X are excellent. Let's not forget, the One S also used innovative processes in the build of the body.

2011 was a poor year for HTC. They already have a much stronger showing this year, and hopefully they can ride that momentum to create even better devices.

Reactions: achacon77