[*NEED* Help Deciding: wait for next nexus or get a (GSM)GNex?

Buy the Galaxy Nexus or Wait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

its_lucky

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
before I start, let me say I've already read these two threads:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/175982-wait-new-nexus.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g/172004-gnex-nexus-s-4g.html
and those are regarding the Verizon GNex...

Here's my situation...
Last weekend I lost my Nexus S :(
In My (fanboy) Opinion, nothing beats Vanilla Android, ;)
so not really interested in any other phones.
is it too late to be paying $350 for a GNex?
I haven't heard any details about another Nexus Phone coming out soon.
so do I...
wait (as long as I can)?
or
get the GNex? (as soon as they start shipipng again, lol)

Thanks in advanced for any help! :)

its_lucky

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [*NEED* Help Deciding: wait for next nexus or get a (GSM)GNex

so far only... 4 yes / 4 no
Ha!

...that'll teach me to post in the wrong thread. lol

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Do you have a backup phone? Any phone is better than no phone.

Have you thought about buying a GNex and selling it about a month or so before the new nexus drops?

its_lucky

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Do you have a backup phone? Any phone is better than no phone.

Have you thought about buying a GNex and selling it about a month or so before the new nexus drops?

my backup phone is my good'ol Nexus One. it's still a great phone! but while I was getting everything setup, I was quickly reminded of why I had to move on... not enough internal memory. "Move to SD" only helped me so much. but that's a story for another time in another thread. lol.

and I don't plan on selling the GNex so suddenly, for the new Nexus. without going into too much detail, I'll just say it was pretty cool that my year old NS was getting updates before the GNex on verizon. so i think i'm answering my own question and will probably get the GNex. lol

... unless the people voting for me to wait have any idea how long of a wait it'll be. ;) lol

CrazyRusski

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Well I have a friend who works at Goog and apparently it'll be by HTC and will be released in Oct. It'll also have new screen tech, ~4.7 inch, on screen buttons, and ( probably ) dual core. Also if any of you are smart enough I'm pretty sure you can guess the name they want to use for it.

Also to be fully honest, I would wait, the Gnex has a pentile screen and has a horrid camera which both of those can never be fixed by software.

Reactions: its_lucky

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

The argument can be made either way... You should jump on the GSM Galaxy Nexus now because of Jellybean and all of the cool roms that are about to come out for it. Not too mention its a beast phone. But, If you're looking for the latest and greatest, than I would wait for the next Nexus. it will launch with Jellybean and have newer tech, possibly even a quad core variant ;)

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site

New OS or not, Google will most definitely put out a new Nexus phone before the holiday season. I just pray it has a true HD display, a removable battery, and expandable memory. But if HTC develops the hardware, I can surely kiss the latter two goodbye.

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

You're right about that. If it's HTC, it'll probably be basically the One X, only with pure Jellybean and no expandable storage or removable battery. However, the GNEX (or even Nexus S) also had no expandable memory and the new Nexus 7 tablet doesn't either. Makes me think Google wants us to use all their cloud services like Apple is pushing for with iCloud. I am not a fan of it if that's what they end up doing.

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Expandable memory will never happen with the Nexus line up again. People need to get over it.

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

If you can live with the specs of the Galaxy Nexus for at least a year, I'd go with that.

Let's face it, the next Nexus is still 3-4 months away at least and will costs $500-$600. For that amount, you can buy a Galaxy Nexus, car dock, desk dock, case and screen protector.

You'll have a Jellybean device in your hands. And it'll probably get Key Lime Pie as well. And at this time next year, you'll be able to pick up the next Nexus (or Nexii) for a lot less.

This strategy may put you behind by about 6-8 months. But you'll also save a ton of cash.

If you absolutely need the latest specs, then wait and buy the phone when it launches. But I don't think it's worthwhile to spend more and go without for 3-4 months.

Personally, I've decided to skip a generation. I got the Nexus One. Then the Galaxy Nexus. And I'm quite happy with the GN. Between that and my new N7, I'll quite happy to wait until early 2014 to replace my phone.

its_lucky

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

*Update*

Despite 28 votes to wait, I ended up getting a GNex :-[ lol
But, I can honestly say, I am not disappointed!
Pentile isn't as aweful as it's made out to be.
I usually carry my DLSR around with me so the camera isn't that huge of an issue.
and pretty much everything else runs as smooth as butter ;)

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and those of you who voted. :)

glassygurl

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

I would always try to wait for the next one.. i think it all depends on when the next thing is coming out. If the wait is less than 3-4 months, definitely wait for the next one... mainly because I don't want to pay the same price for something when I know a newer and improved version is coming out soon.. and I would bang my head against the cement floor for my lack of patience. However, I wouldn't wait for a product that is going to come out much later, because technology is always improving and new and better things are always coming out.. so if you keep waiting for something better to come out, that's all you'll ever end up doing... waiting.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I dont think it is to late. I mean it is a nexus and will still get jb and whatever version comes after. If anything look and see if you can get one used a little cheaper or even try getting another nexus s for the time being.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20