New Nexus?

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So with the success of the Galaxy Nexus and the fact that the rumors state multiple devices with the Nexus name what hardware partner do you think will create our newest device?

;)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see one from htc, moto, samsung, and sony. I think then it gives users a choice between their favorite manufacturer and I think this would really get the nexus sales through the roof if they had the choice between various phones with stock android.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Im hoping a few hardware partners each get to give their view of how Android should be. Samsung, HTC, Motorola, maybe LG or Sony.

Also would love to see some tablet hardware.

Edit: Just noticed BMX's post was sent by his Nexus by HTC....is that a hint? :p

Last edited:

NotAnotherSN92

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Dear God I hope it's HTC. A One X variant (with new specs, of course) would be amazing. Best build quality, best screens, best camera... after the train-wreck that was the Galaxy Nexus camera there NEEDS to be a halfway decent shooter on that phone. I guess in my mind Samsung has been synonymous with "cheaply built" when it comes to phones. I'd take Motorola too. I have really been impressed by the Droid RAZR, and I'm really liking the direction they're going in: high performance phones that look good too.

bbdub

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping HTC will get it this time around. Nice build quality and great screens. I hope we can use an SD card on the next Nexus

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Dang it!! This better not make the Galaxy Nexus obsolete...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Spec wise this phone ha been obsolete. The softwear keeps it on par.

And as far as that nexus 2 8 GB or ram lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Spec wise this phone ha been obsolete. The softwear keeps it on par.

And as far as that nexus 2 8 GB or ram lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Up until the 8GB, that would be a phone that I would buy in a heartbeat. 8GB is not gonna happen...but I guess that is why it is a concept and not an actual image

MaStA819

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
When should we expect the next Galaxy Nexus?

What is usually the introductory price on the unlocked variant directly from Google? I see the current model is $350, but is that normally what they start at when first released?

Thank you,
Jared

Steve G#AC

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Oooh, if the Panda is teasing us with this message, we know that it's already in the works - and that it's on Verizon...and that it's quite possibly HTC based on the hints...

jpmerrill

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to make my prediction now...

Release date: October or November 2012
OEM: HTC or Sony
Specs:
1280 X 720 display (maybe the same 4.7 in. screen from the One X)
Quadcore Snapdragon
32 GB storage, 64BG if they offer a second option
1 GB ram (I'm hoping for 2, but it's a longshot)
Removable battery, but no SD slot
8MP camera (maybe same hardware as the One X)
NFC

Signature feature: Inductive charging

Price: $400 (Galaxy Nexus drops to $300)

zagg324

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I really hope it's going to be made by HTC, but all the rumor articles I've read say it's going to be Samsung again.
I think of HTC as luxury smart phone manufacturers. haha

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Biggest features for me -

- official support for CDMA
- online activation, no need to depend on carrier
- guranteed support and updates from Google, not via carriers

The specs are irrelevant if above doesn't happen. We'll end up with another VZW Nexus which will never get updates.

cliffy223

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I thought the rumor of Samsung making the next Nexus was found to be true. Also I wouldn't expect to see a Googlorola Nexus phone til next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21