Note 2: Smaller Frame Bigger Screen =

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You know why the Note2 / Journal is getting a bigger screen right?

On Screen Capacitive Buttons... Its the only way to get 5.5 inches into a smaller frame than we have now.. Which all rumors have pointed to this Note2 / Journal having..

I for one, Don't like it.. . :)

Any opinions or speculations out there?

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I for one think the on screen buttons are fantastic . When I bought my nexus I was worried. Buy they work great. Plus I don't think they have to do the on screen to make it bigger. The phone already needs to hands for most people to use it. What's anther .2 inches. But I really do hope the go to the on screen. Its the easiest way to keep buttons layouts consistent on android.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
What is bad about on screen capacitive buttons? Do they just take up room on the screen so the screen is smaller. So will this make the note 2 not really have a 5.5" screen.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
What is bad about on screen capacitive buttons? Do they just take up room on the screen so the screen is smaller. So will this make the note 2 not really have a 5.5" screen.

Hello Tracers.. Exactly.. That's where the .02 inches is coming from.. I believe the actual viewing area ( For everything but full screen videos..) is still going to be our current 5.3 inches. I can't wait to see this "Smaller Frame" the bezel is pretty slim as is..

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I think if they do with on screen they will make the screen bigger. So then the real on screen usable space will still be 5.3 or bigger.

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Plus if your into rooting the on screen buttons are great. Theming them moving them around even adding apps. And with the size of that screen you can add a lot of buttons down there

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks.. punny, eh? :p

For me, a physical button is a deal breaker.

Hey Souls.. +1

I dislike the the physical button even more than onscreen buttons..

And that mechanical clicker will stop clicking at some point... No Thanks.

Lovin My Note 1 More Each Day... :)

HORISBLKBEAN.png

Last edited:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I personally think that the Note 2 should have on-screen buttons like the Galaxy Nexus.

I used to own a Note and I liked it a lot, however, I didn't like the menu/home/back buttons. It was cumbersome while holding the stylus to long press the home button to activate the task switcher. Having to press the stylus button and swipe to the left over and over to go back wasn't very intuitive either.

The Note certainly has enough screen real-estate. I don't think a small amount of screen space for on-screen buttons would be much of a deterrent.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I personally think that the Note 2 should have on-screen buttons like the Galaxy Nexus.

The Note certainly has enough screen real-estate. I don't think a small amount of screen space for on-screen buttons would be much of a deterrent.

Hello Hero... I am going to be "YOUR" Hero.. What if I told you that you gave up just a wee bit too early on the Galaxy Note 1.....

Hope the new one has *On Screen* buttons like the G-Nex Huh?

Well,

Here are a few pics of my Good Old Galaxy Note *1* with those magic blue buttons that you wanted in your phone..

HOME1.png

Huh ! Not Bad Huh !! Welcome.. To the Galaxy Note *1* on JellyBean !

HOME2.png

Hard to believe you are looking at a Galaxy Note Huh... Notice the Notification Bar on the top in the 1st pic ( Phablet Mode ) and at the bottom in the 2nd pic ( Large Tablet Mode ) and those good old *On Screen Buttons* that I was TOTALLY wrong about ! They are great!

BEAN.png

For those Galaxy Note *1* Owners that have not switched to a Hybrid JellyBean Rom believe this when I say you don't have a clue of what you are missing....

PHONE-1.png

The Note was made to be a Hybrid.. And now it is one.

P.S.

And now you can use your S-Pen 100% of the time. ( Unless you are playing games that require you to thumb the screen.. ) No more fingerprinted screens.. :)

Last edited:

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello Hero... I am going to be "YOUR" Hero.. What if I told you that you gave up just a wee bit too early on the Galaxy Note 1.....

Hope the new one has *On Screen* buttons like the G-Nex Huh?

Huh ! Not Bad Huh !! Welcome.. To the Galaxy Note *1* on JellyBean !

Hard to believe you are looking at a Galaxy Note Huh... Notice the Notification Bar on the top in the 1st pic ( Phablet Mode ) and at the bottom in the 2nd pic ( Large Tablet Mode ) and those good old *On Screen Buttons* that I was TOTALLY wrong about ! They are great!

Who needs a Galaxy Note 2.. Phonearena has a leaked pic of the G-N-2 its a blown up S3 !

For those Galaxy Note *1* Owners that have not switched to a Hybrid JellyBean Rom believe this when I say you don't have a clue of what you are missing....

The Note was made to be a Hybrid.. And now it is one.

They can have their Note 2... Whenever it hits U.S. Shores.. :)

P.S.

And now you can use your S-Pen 100% of the time. ( Unless you are playing games that require you to thumb the screen.. ) No more fingerprinted screens.. :)

Not bad. But there are alot of people who don't root and add roms to there phones compared to those who. The Note was and still is a great phone but its not on every carrier. If the Note II comes to every carrier then it will be the one to get. I'm on Sprint and if they were to Bring the Note to market I would pass knowing that 2 is coming soon.

I'm up for my upgrade next month so hopefully there will be some news by then on the Note II if not the Note 10.1 will be fine for now and I'll just get the GS3. I was getting all three anyway depending of price will determent how soon.

Your screne does look go though. :)

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Not bad. But there are alot of people who don't root and add roms to there phones compared to those who. The Note was and still is a great phone but its not on every carrier. If the Note II comes to every carrier then it will be the one to get. I'm on Sprint and if they were to Bring the Note to market I would pass knowing that 2 is coming soon.

Your screne does look go though. :)

Thanks SND... And you are correct.. Not everyone Roots their phone.

But the reward for Rooting your Galaxy Note Outweighs the reasons not to..

And it ironic.. The Galaxy Note 1 is already running JellyBean.. Stable.. In a Hybrid form.

From what I read yesterday over on phonearena.. the article showing the leaked photo of the Galaxy Note 2 said that the G-N-2 may not even ship with JellyBean ?? But ship with the current ICS update??? Really?

The Note 2 looks just like a bigger S3.. EXACTLY like it.. and the S3 looks exactly like my old Samsung Droid Charge with its rounded corners.. Maybe in shiny black it will look ok.. we shall see.. But to anyone that is a Galaxy Note 1 owner that wants to get the FULL potential out of their device REALLY should try a Hybrid 4.1.1 JellyBean Rom.. The speed will simply STUN you.. and the ability to run in standard / Phablet / Small - Medium - Large Tablet modes will insure you will NEVER go back to standard ICS... :)

HOME1.png

HOME2.png

TUBE2.png

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks pretty good to me!

Nice!

What I have found is,

It's not about Processor Speed anymore.. Unless you are a Benchmark Nerd..

I can Underclock & Undervolt my Galaxy Note to 1,242 mhz for tremendous batterylife (

down from 1,510 mhz ) and it's still just

as fast when it comes to the "User Experience" because of JELLYBEAN 4.1.1.

JELLYBEAN's " Project Butter " simply moves you through everything extremely fast..

I am sure you see the difference moving from ICS on your Note 1 as well... :)

BATTERY.png

Last edited:

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Boy was I wrong...

If the Galaxy Note 2 does ever make it to U.S. Shores intact with it's current design ( Apple now controls Samsung's fate..) it WILL NOT have those onscreen buttons after all..

Big Mistake Samsung.

Not only does Onscreen Buttons give you the option of 100% S-Pen usage ( It's all I use with my Hybrid ROM.. No More Fingerprints on the screen :D ) but now the Galaxy Note 2 looks like the FAT TWIN BROTHER of the Galaxy S3 :cool:

This thing is a SLAB.. with decent protecting case it will be over HALF A FOOT LONG! :eek:

5.5 inches of screen and you still take up another 1 inch to put a Fat Home Button and Capacitive Buttons ? :-!

A Phone that is over a Half a Foot Long is just too much..

And I thought my Note 1 was big ! ;)

CATGIRL.png

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
146.9 x 83 x 9.7 mm in galaxy note 1 vs 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm in galaxy note 2.

I don't see the big deal here, and you get more screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance