What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

True I wonder if might be another tablet or phone to me it seems rather soon. Google maybe trying to flush market with Nexus brand or they could be coming out with chromebook.

Google was rumored to come out with a chromobook. The nexus concept being applied to a chromebook would be interesting.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

AndreaCristiano

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

True I wonder if might be another tablet or phone to me it seems rather soon. Google maybe trying to flush market with Nexus brand or they could be coming out with chromebook.

Google was rumored to come out with a chromobook. The nexus concept being applied to a chromebook would be interesting.

I believe there will be a chrome book a new tablet and a new phone. I think it will have LTE and KLP

from my Nexus7 while my Optimus rests

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

That would be great but imo very unlikely Google will unveil all that. Google just released a new tablet, new phone and two new versions of the Nexus 7. I could see a $100 tablet and chromebook but not another phone. Then Google pretty much has formats the could do anything they want when they want.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Multi-screen, mobile data toggle, LED customization and control, more efficient power management, additional camera features for both stills and videos, wireless charging, more browser improvements.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

there will not be a new nexus phone in may at i/o.

My guess is:
Nexus Q 2.0
Refresh of the nexus 7 at the same price points but better specs
New Chromebooks
Key Lime Pie : Features
updated lockscreen widgets
more gestures on home screen (i.e. two finger down swipe to quick settings)
improved multiuser support on tablets
kill all button in the multitask viewer (PLEASE GOD)
update to the quick settings in the notification shade to toggle on and off instead of take you to the settings
more features for the camera software
dual pane viewing?
control of notification light
tighter google now integration. voice commands to set calender and text message
improved android beam
Something else extra awesome that we wont even see coming.

Google Music could use a refresh but this is independent of the OS and is a stand alone app

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Imo very unlikely Google will unveil all of that. Google just released a new tablet, a new phone and two new versions of the Nexus 7. I could see a $100 tablet and chromebook but not another phone. Then again Google pretty much does what they want and when they want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Google I/O doesn't guarantee a new nexus or a new OS.

Maybe not Nexus device but OS update is what they usually announce on I/O, it's like Apple updating iPods always in September.... where they could do that if not in hall half filled with android developers (other half is web developers that don't care :p) ?

Last edited:

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Was looking at bunch of stock apps today and one thing I want Google to do is make all stock apps consistent.
Look at the latest Google Currents, YouTube and Google+ for example. The font size is different in the side menu. The way you add/remove subscriptions is completely different. I actually spent good 5 minutes trying to figure out some features on the latest Currents.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to clean up all stock apps. Actually no more than a day of work (I'm a Systems Engineer and one of my responsibilities is GUI design in C#). I think it is probably the way it is now is because they are handles by different departments but again, the GUI should be finalized/tweaked by ONE department.

got berry

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I would like to be able to assign nicknames to contacts that would show in text or phone calls but still be able to have their real name in the contact. (Like I was able to in Palm Os) Also wireless charging would be awesome. (Like the touchstone on WebOs)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I usually put the nickname as the first name so that it shows up, then use the middle and last names for the real name

Sent from my PMID1000B using Tapatalk HD

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

Some form of battery life optimization. I'd like to see android become even 15 percent more efficient. That coupled with these more battery efficient chips coming out would make for phones with some good battery life. I'd also like to see the little quirks with the system be fixed. You know, the little things that annoy you but aren't big enough to complain about.

And I'd really like to see a back button that isn't stupid. On some apps, it goes back to the previous screen, in other apps it goes back to a different screen (like gmail). It's all very confusing and annoying if you ask me. I just want to see them update the little problems in the interface now. They already have a very good looking system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I am with you on those things except the back button. I am pretty sure that is bad app coding.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Odp: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Back button work seemless and if app uses android ui components developers dont even need to think about since activity system do that for them. But there also fragments a activity as ui component and if developer use them and switch them insted of calling new activity and not add it to history stack the app will go back to prevuies activity ignoring all fragment changes, you can see that on new Tapatalk HD where back goes back to forum selection menu, because on forum exloring they use switching fragment on main layout. So yea it ui design issues

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Odp: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

i also would like google to update the "email" app so it can work with corporate exchange email. Having to use touchdown is a drag.

jmbillings

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I'd love to see a new phone at I/O. My contract is up in April, and the Nexus 4 is nice but not THAT much nicer than my GNex...

As for KLP- battery life springs to mind. Asides from that, I'll have a think...

immovablesoup

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Customisable accent colours. The current blue is nice, but it would be good to have a choice, even if limited. This kind of theming is simple to understand for new users, as it doesn't allow the device to be customised beyond recognition, helping with customer support .

Sam9696

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to see the ui to be even more polished (which is hard because stock jellybean is already amazing) but make it more like the manufacturer UI's. Also more different functionalities right out of the box.

From My Awesome Samsung Galaxy s2 (can't wait for jellybean) :)