What do you want in Kit Kak?(2013)

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Key Lime Pie?

Here is a story I wrote from a site I'm an editor for Droid-Now, about what I want to see from Key Lime Pie: Five things I Want To See From The Next Version of AndroidDroid-Now

I agree with everything you said except the gesture control. IMO is overrated. For example, you either swipe to open the recent apps or you press the recent apps button. Still one gesture. You swipe to go to home screen, you press the home button, etc. I think generally speaking human brain is wired to associate certain actions with certain icons. BY the way, that pie you mentioned actually requires 2 gestures.... 1. open the pie, 2. press the Home button, for example.

I can kinda see what you mean by the space taken by the button bar but it's not a big deal IMO and if it is such a big deal, Nexus phones can have a taller screen with space dedicated to buttons.
I just find it extremely beneficial to always have a consistent Back button under my finger and one of the reasons I like Android.
But anyway, if this is an option, I don't mind :)

Surefyre

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

Put UMS mode back in to the USB connections. I can't emphasise enough how badly my SGS3 is crippled by this omission. I don't give a toss what the reasons were for its removal, give users the CHOICE to use it regardless.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Android Jellybean 4.2 improved a lot on the Camera App. I want the next version of android to improve their Play Music App.

A redesign would be great, but more importantly. Functionality, there should be an easy way to import M3U playlists, create autoplaylists, and not to mention the syncing issues it often has.

Hbomber110

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Android is so complete right now i'd be happy only with optimization; battery consumption, speed, smoothness... The rest is googles services like the messaging that need to be reviewed as a unified app (not 3 please)

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Android is so complete right now i'd be happy only with optimization; battery consumption, speed, smoothness... The rest is googles services like the messaging that need to be reviewed as a unified app (not 3 please)

I pretty much agree. I would love to see battery and speed ect. be worked on more so now than OS.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I feel with new features that are on the S4 and HTC One I am losing point of stock android for myself. Since the One X and S3 the performance between stock and ui android software has been the same so no longer seeing a performance advantage with stock android. Then for updates are no longer becoming issue as I don't find stock android as appealing as next version of touchwiz and sense. I fan of Google because android would not be where was a whole without Google but Google is losing there appeal.

I hope with Key Lime Pie they make some big stride in the software in aesthetics, features and widgets like touchwiz and sense. I find it funny it seems Google needs to come out Google UI over android.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I feel with new features that are on the S4 and HTC One I am losing point of stock android for myself. Since the One X and S3 the performance between stock and ui android software has been the same so no longer seeing a performance advantage with stock android. Then for updates are no longer becoming issue as I don't find stock android as appealing as next version of touchwiz and sense. I fan of Google because android would not be where was a whole without Google but Google is losing there appeal.

That's just your opinion, though. I still think stock has a strong appeal over skins. Many others may agree with me, and many others may agree with you.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Want Google Now and Playstore Card theme to be Android's entire UI theme. I would Iike the Google Now and Playstore card theme replace the holo style. Android theme after this two apps would make stock Android hugely more aestheticaly pleasing of a ui. Throw in a lot of popular Android features and Widgets redesign and reskined with Google's style then you have great mainstream UI.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Want Google Now and Playstore Card theme to be Android's entire UI theme. I would Iike the Google Now and Playstore card theme replace the holo style. Android theme after this two apps would make stock Android hugely more aestheticaly pleasing of a ui. Throw in a lot of popular Android features and Widgets redesign and reskined with Google's style then you have great mainstream UI.

Google Now and the new Play Store still use Holo. The Now card theme runs alongside Holo; it doesn't replace it.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Google Now and the new Play Store still use Holo. The Now card theme runs alongside Holo; it doesn't replace it.

I'm starting to like the white version better than the dark too. Not sure I'd like it if everything was that way, but who knows.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm starting to like the white version better than the dark too. Not sure I'd like it if everything was that way, but who knows.

I would prefer the white with the Google Now and play store color scheme. I definitely want card layout to take over stock Android.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

4.3 might be just around the corner but it seems to just be another incremental update.

Will Keylime pie be another dot update or a significant upgrade like 4.0?

I have been preaching for Google now card style os with more widgets and features that I hope come by the end year. However I would not bre surprise if Google had another year of incremental updates to make android framework more efficient for now and for the future.

I am just saying that I would like ui change at the end year.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

4.3 might be just around the corner but it seems to just be another incremental update.

Will Keylime pie be another dot update or a significant upgrade like 4.0?

I have been preaching for Google now card style os with more widgets and features that I hope come by the end year. However I would not bre surprise if Google had another year of incremental updates to make android framework more efficient for now and for the future.

I am just saying that I would like ui change at the end year.

I agree that 4.3 will be an incremental update, but I think KLP will be a major update, probably 5.0. Remember how 2.x was designed for phones, 3.x was designed for tablets, and 4.x made a combined UI for phones and tablets? I'm thinking something along the lines of 5.0 unifying interfaces for phones, tablets, smartwatches, possibly even computers, and other things that we may not know of yet.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I agree that 4.3 will be an incremental update, but I think KLP will be a major update, probably 5.0. Remember how 2.x was designed for phones, 3.x was designed for tablets, and 4.x made a combined UI for phones and tablets? I'm thinking something along the lines of 5.0 unifying interfaces for phones, tablets, smartwatches, possibly even computers, and other things that we may not know of yet.

I know key lime pie is next but are we sure it will be 5.0?

4.0 ics
4.1 jb
idk

wnm

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

Complete backup to card for all apps, data and settings. I could do this on my old Sony Clie' circa 2004, why can't we have this now?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you want in Kit Kat?(2013)

What improvements and features would you like in the future of android OS? What are most important improvement or features would you like?

Personalization: (Most Important)

-More stock Google Widgets
IE Clock and Weather widget of there own
IE Scrollable Current Widgets for separate feeds you follow
IE Battery Widget

-Change color scheme of stock OS
I would like the option to change the black and blue scheme ICS/JB as well the color of stock keyboard.

Features

-Notifications (Most Important)
I would like to be able to quickly reply or delete and email or message straight fom notification window from either lock or unlocked screen.
A vibrate feature to remind me notifications when pick up my phone but also vibrate by itself every so often as a reminder. For example I have some type of notification and it will vibrate once or twice every minute for five minutes. Obviously I would like flexibility to change time and frequency of vibration as well which notifications I would allow to have this option.

-Lockscreen
The ability have widgets on my lock screen.
The ability access the app drawer to have certain apps I choose to be access with out unlocking the phone.

-Multitasking
The ability to run more than one app at same time on screen.
IE play Angry Birds on the left or right side of the screen and text on opposite side.
IE watch video or browse the internet on top half or bottom half the screen and text on opposite screen

Performance (Most Important)
-Improved Speed
-Improved Battery Life
-Improved Sensitivity

I am not expecting android to make all my wishes come true with next OS but hopefully after a few updates they will have have most of them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
android-kit-kat.jpg
Keylime Pie is no longer and now we have Kit Kak 4.4. This forum quite old now and well my opinion change significantly with announcement of Kit Kak 4.4 as the next androiod OS. 5.0 Key Lime Pie to 4.4 Kit Kak has gone from major overhaul update to major efficiency update. (Which by the way does not diminish the important 4.4 update at all) Now I just don't expect much UI change with the old rumored 5.0 Keylime Pie.

Now I will dial back my previous wants from next android OS since next android OS is a dot upgrade rather than new os version. I simple just would like card style youtube and google app to be more motif in OS feel of android IE, setting, app drawer, folders, contacts, etc. I would like ability to swipe to the left in core android apps and OS features which will relative features or content to make navigating through OS more intuitive and consistent.

The youtube app and google maps app are in my opinion well put togather apps Google has to offer and cardstyle navigation to needs to be implemented in all their other core apps at least if not the OS. I like Currents, Messenger and Keep app are both apps lacking the the complexity that Google Maps, Youtube App plus Gmail have.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams