Casio G'Shock... Anyone have any updated info?

goinovr

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to find any decent info since January CES announcement of this phone. Anyone have any info on specs or release date?

Thanks.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to find any decent info since January CES announcement of this phone. Anyone have any info on specs or release date?

Thanks.

Oooh, Oooh, me too!

I do a web search about once every two weeks for a "casio ruggedized LTE"and keep hitting the January articles about CES or a focus group where one guy claims to have seen one. I still have 10 months to go before contract end, and I'll probably pay retail for whatever's next just to keep unlimited data, if I stay with VZW. The new Motorola RAZR's look interesting, but I would like a removable battery, and actual waterproof, not just splash resistant.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well, here we go - http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3515428/casio-gz-one-type-l-barometer-hands-on-video; also - LTE enabled Casio G'zOne smartphone for Verizon visits the FCC

Several of the articles say 4" screen dual-core, LTE, micro SD to 32 GB, NFC, WiFI, international GSM, front and rear cameras, maybe a barometer as on the Japanese version. One article said extended battery and wireless charging accessories, based on some of the FCC documents. Several of the FCC documents have a public availability date of April 1, 2013, which makes me wonder if that is the current proposed release date, though if it's on VZW, that might make it the following Thursday, April 4.

Search on Casio C811 or Let me google that for you