About to pull the trigger on One-X or S3. Should I wait, and for what?

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the One X+ is set to be announced during the HTC event in the next couple weeks, but it might be beyond that for an actual release date.

Zstephen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I too am in the same boat, my debate is between the GNex, the S3, and the One X, or wait it out for Note 2, One X+, or a potential new Nexus phone
for me, I guess it's what Sprint will have to offer in the coming months, but I feel like if I play the waiting game for a phone with newer, better specs, I will be waiting perpetually

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
There's always going to be something bigger and better than what you have that's just around the corner. Get something that does what you need our want. I'm holding out for the Note 2 on Verizon. If they don't get it, I'll be happy with the GS3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Zstephen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
That's essentially my point, I'm going to stick it out for the note 2 too, assuming the rumors of it coming to Sprint are true, unless the new nexus is out and available by then

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
About to pull the trigger on One-X or S3. Should I wait, and for what phone, and why?

Thx!

Depends what u currently have. And do you care about the spec race... If you currently have a sgs2 class android device and it's responsive then I would wait till next year if you want the bleeding edge a15 processors or quad core s4 pros. The one x and sgs3 is perfectly good enough at this point in time. I assume you are on at&t if you are looking to get the one x or sgs3.

Things that are coming are the next nexus(es) in November. Nexus devices always get the latest Google Android updates. Other potential devices are Motorola/Intel android devices with medfield. They might be unique enough to warrant a look. There is that LG device with s4 pro and lte announcing next week along with the medfield smartphone by Moto/Intel. I expect ces to show off ti omap5 class smartphones. Oh and the HTC one x+ might have spec bumped internals. Your question is kind of open ended so more details on your needs would make things easier to talk to. Good luck! I'm itching to get a nexus device in the coming months.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
About to pull the trigger on One-X or S3. Should I wait, and for what phone, and why?

Thx!

Wait for the next Nexus phone(s). Nexus devices run stock Android (none of those stupid manufacturer overlays), have official support from Google, and get instant updates for years, while other phones remain stuck with a year-old OS. Plus, the next Nexus will most likely be released on November 5, so it isn't too far away. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You know this does sound very appealing, but I'm on ATT.. Nexus always seems to only run on Verizon, correct?

Wait for the next Nexus phone(s). Nexus devices run stock Android (none of those stupid manufacturer overlays), have official support from Google, and get instant updates for years, while other phones remain stuck with a year-old OS. Plus, the next Nexus will most likely be released on November 5, so it isn't too far away. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
why do you say its nov 5?? If its Nov 5 I am already excited.

---------- Post Merged at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:53 PM ----------

You know this does sound very appealing, but I'm on ATT.. Nexus always seems to only run on Verizon, correct?
nope. Nexus works on ATT and T-Mobile. it works on GSM network.

Verizon and Sprint do have the Nexus but I wouldnt recommend

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Actually, you can get an unlocked Nexus that can run on any HSPA+ network, including AT&T. It's more expensive ($350 instead of $200) but it has all the updates guaranteed (Verizon seems to bee lagging on the updates for some reason).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I think you should get one of those Walmart pre paid flip phones, due to the fact that you will be back on these forums complaining about your new android phone that doesn't do dishes or make you breakfast, if you get the flip phone, we would all agree that your complaints are valid! This is just a general post to all on these forums who inevitably will get on and get pissy about their new purchase (exception to all gs3 owners who think their sh!t doesn't stink) not ripping the op

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, you can get an unlocked Nexus that can run on any HSPA+ network, including AT&T. It's more expensive ($350 instead of $200) but it has all the updates guaranteed (Verizon seems to bee lagging on the updates for some reason).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That $350 is unlocked, no contract. The Verizon $200 locks you into a rather expensive carrier for 2 years

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2