A Motorola Nexus device with an ATOM CPU and 1080p screen.

blizzardskier

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
what about a netbook? kinda sounds like the internals of a typical chromebook, and google wants android to scale to any computing platform. besides what better way to expand the nexus brand than to offer a variety of hardware options, they may have gone a little radical with the Q, but a couple phones, a tablet, redesigned Q, and a laptop/netboot type device would really let the versatility of android shine.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe Google will make a Nexus with a keyboard. I would rather see a nexus phablet. The keyboards should be a thing of the past IMO just look at the market and you will see touchscreens obviously the prime choice.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I agree with you as I like the touch screen option but I know lots of blackberry users that can't make the leap to a smartphone without a keyboard. If they do it right it could be a genius move. And Motorola has the know how in the keyboard dept.

You never know. It would certainly mix things up.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

DJBigBenVA

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
This could be interesting, but I have no interest in a keyboard anymore. Five inch screen is plenty big and I don't see a need for a slide out at that size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I was given the impression by several tech news sites that when the Chinese signed off on Google buying Motorola they stipulated that Google couldn't show preferential treatment to Moto for a period of time (I think 5 years.) Would Moto suddenly being awarded a Nexus be considered preferential? I hope not, I would LOVE to see a Motorola Nexus!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I was given the impression by several tech news sites that when the Chinese signed off on Google buying Motorola they stipulated that Google couldn't show preferential treatment to Moto for a period of time (I think 5 years.) Would Moto suddenly being awarded a Nexus be considered preferential? I hope not, I would LOVE to see a Motorola Nexus!

Not if the bidding process is disclosed. They can win it fair and square.

Also, boo to a keyboard.

Sent with Oliver's Dying Breath

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I would love to see a Motorola Nexus. If you watch that youtube video of Android and it's market penetration you see it skyrocket once the Droid gets released. To this day, that was arguably one of the best phones ever sold.

1080p is fluff, but I could get back into a keyboard phone. One thing I'm worried about is app compatibility. Atom runs X86 instruction sets, not all the apps are 100% compatible yet are they? did Intel code in some ARM emulation or something? If so, do apps take a performance hit because of this?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Galaxy S because I used to own a couple blackberries and I really liked the feel of a physical keyboard.

In total I've probably used the keyboard a dozen or so times. It just isn't useful to me anymore, swype is just so much quicker and easier to use for me.

I understand their is a market for physical keyboards, but for the next nexus, it should not be included. That would be kind of ridiculous.

Knocks

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol at first I read this as a "keyboard of undisclosed size." That would have been totally Motorola--ship a phone with a gigantic keyboard.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I like where this is heading. RNEXUS = RAZR Nexus was the first thing I thought of, but is it really a RAZR if it has a slide-out keyboard? It would be way too thick. I'm not complaining though, I'd love to go back to a keyboard phone, and if it could also be my first Nexus device...well...

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Kid 05

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Chinese said Google had to keep android open for 5 years nothing about not giving moto special privileges

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of a RAZR NEXUS or any MOTO NEXUS for that matter. I want it to be purchasable through Google and still have Verizon LTE capability--or Verizon needs to keep their dick beaters out of my ASOP. I am still running my Tbolt because the VZ Nexus was polluted. I am skeptical of the keyboard though. Why add moving hardware? You get dirt, lint, dust and all sorts of gunk in there. I see this being something that just has higher potential for breakage. Breaking your keyboard is likely not going to be covered by a warranty unless it is a defect that caused the breakage. Now your keyboard is broken, but at least you still have the touch screen. Pay for repair, buy a new phone or live with a phone with a broken keyboard? Adding in a keyboarded NEXUS is not the way to get Blackberry people over here, there are plenty of decent slider phones on the market already....if they are still using BB it's not because the NEXUS doesn't have a keyboard.

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I like the sound of a Razr nexus with a 1080p screen, but having a keyboard on a flagship 2012 phone? Hell no! That ship has sailed, thin phones with large screens are the market leaders. Now if there are going to be multiple nexus phones released this winter, then that makes more sense. Having an x86 based processor as the lead developer chip would be a weird choice for sure, interesting.

My dream Nexus this year would have the internals of the LG Optimus G, with the body of an HTC or Sony! Blazing fast internals, beautiful exterior, and pure Google software, nothing sounds better than that. I hope Google goes all out this year and makes the new Nexus a leader in hardware like the Nexus One was back in the day. They could call it the Nexus Prime... :p

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for something like this! Motorola Nexus. Nice build quality (no cheap sammy plastic) and awesome radios (sammy again) This would be ideal for my next phone. Hopefully they release this with a Maxx battery so my phone doesn't die within 6 hours when using Google maps / location in NYC.

blizzardskier

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Seriously we need to at least consider the possibility of this not being a phone or tab at all. If we're to presume that rnexus stands for RAZR nexus then a physical keyboard makes no sense... unless of course you think outside the box and consider the possibility of an ultra thin and portable netbook/notebook type device. We have an undisclosed screen size so its certainly within the realm of possibility.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums