Samsung Nexus 10.1

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Personally I don't care. If you really need a 10 inch tab get a laptop because portability goes out the window. They are big and bulky and pointless in my opinion. But people like them so they can't be ignored and until the 4.2 rubbish phone mode, they kept tablet ui alive making it possible to be enabled on 7 inch tabs

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Personally I don't care. If you really need a 10 inch tab get a laptop because portability goes out the window. They are big and bulky and pointless in my opinion. But people like them so they can't be ignored and until the 4.2 rubbish phone mode, they kept tablet ui alive making it possible to be enabled on 7 inch tabs

10" tablets are very portable.

Plus the same thing we spend time telling others, bigger screen sizes are better.

I find it funny android fans are telling Apple fans big screens are better, then they come with a smaller android tablet. At first, all the android tablets were 7" and smaller than the iPad and it took seemingly forever for a 10" tablet.

Plus a 10" tablet i is far from a laptop

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Google would have dictated the design.

Not necessarily. The way production contracts work is the company says we want this item with these specifications. Those specs can be as liberal or finite as the company wants. Manufacturers then place bids on production cost and other things. Google would then choose one(almost always cheapest because of compliance laws) and negotiate further from there. The more specs and the more finite the specs, the more expensive the devise. If they dictated everything, the oems would have huge manufacturing costs from having to get completely different equipment from their other models.

What this means is samsung more than likely presented the design and Google approved on whatever samsung wanted because it made everything cheaper. This is why all the nexus devises are very similar to their non nexus siblings and always are visually uniform to other devises for that oem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Plus the same thing we spend time telling others, bigger screen sizes are better.

I find it funny android fans are telling Apple fans big screens are better, then they come with a smaller android tablet. At first, all the android tablets were 7" and smaller than the iPad and it took seemingly forever for a 10" tablet.

I got no issues with those who use 10 inch tabs, me personally I love the 7 inch form factor, you can fit it in your pocket, and hold it one handed and its still great to watch movies on. But I always saw the iPad as too large for my tastes.

Initially when apple released the iPad, I thought it was the dumbest concept ever. "Its a gigantic iPad touch, who would want that? No flash, iphone os, and it's more expensive than a laptop, what's the point?". I started taking interest in tabs when honeycomb came out just because it looked so cool, but I still couldn't find a purpose for one. And before the Xoom, I was wondering why all the Android tablets were so rinky dink. It wasn't until my friend brought over his rooted nook color rocking cyanogenmod that I became interested and I decided that day that 7 inches wasn't rinky dink, it was perfect.

To each their own.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It's like a V-Tech toy tablet, at least the back lol

That little insert would have made sense if the rest of the back was metal, but since its not, it doesn't.

It's not as awful looking as the first leak, and it definitely is has better ID than the nexus 7, but that's not saying much.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That little insert would have made sense if the rest of the back was metal, but since its not, it doesn't.

It's not as awful looking as the first leak, and it definitely is has better ID than the nexus 7, but that's not saying much.

I dunno, I actually love the Nexus 7, particularly the back. The bezel, not so much, but I "get" why it's there.

This just looks cheap. I do want to hold one before I make a final judgment, but it's not something I can purchase and not think of it completely as a toy and not some sorta pseudo computational tool.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I dunno, I actually love the Nexus 7, particularly the back. The bezel, not so much, but I "get" why it's there.

This just looks cheap. I do want to hold one before I make a final judgment, but it's not something I can purchase and not think of it completely as a toy and not some sorta pseudo computational tool.

Hmmm. I actually think the opposite. To me, the 7 is a Fisher-Price escapee, and the 10 looks premium. Just my opinion of course.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

But really it is all relative to the purpose of the task. A phone is different than a tablet. My Transformer Prime is smaller than my laptop but it is still better in certain situations. The laptop could still be better, but smaller serves a purpose when it needs to. A super small phone could not serve the same purpose as a larger one. There is no absolutes in this argument. It is a matter of personal opinion based on your own needs.

A Nexus 7 could be perfect for some and too small for others and a 10 could be too small for others. The Android community is not one person with the same thought. We all are unique.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I disagree. I go to a lot of meetings where I need to show clients my portfolio of work. I used to drag my laptop around and half the time wouldn't even bother to pull it out only because it would be too much of a hassle to pull out and turn on or set up. But my Transformer Prime is wicked. I slide it into my briefcase and can have it out on the desktop in seconds. Super small and hassle free. Especially if I only take the tablet without the keyboard.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

It could be looking cheap because it is cheap. As in inexpensive. I would trade a cheap case with great specs and great performance for a device that costs twice as much with a beautiful case but lousy performance.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It could be looking cheap because it is cheap. As in inexpensive. I would trade a cheap case with great specs and great performance for a device that costs twice as much with a beautiful case but lousy performance.

But the problem for this is that it's competition has both the performance AND the premium materials.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I but still lower specs and for a lot more money. Especially with the N7.

You're missing a word there that makes it hard to see what you're saying.

For the nexus 10, the iPad 4s performance is the same or better. The iPad mini has some performance deficiencies, but is able to keep pace with the N7 in most tasks. (Mainly because the tegra 3 used in the 7 is an older chip using an architecture comparable to the A5s)