Anything in the works on Sprint?

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if there's anything worth waiting for in the works on the Sprint network? I've got one full upgrade available to use from my Sprint Premier program before the end of this year. If I don't get anything, my contract is up in the beginning of May anyhow, so it's not a big deal to wait.... But is there anything worth waiting for? I currently have a Samsung Nexus S 4g, and will not be leaving Sprint anytime soon...

Thanks!

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The note 2 is coming to sprint sometime in Nov if you're into big phones. And the next Nexus is hopefully coming to sprint by december.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read anything other than GNote2...

You?

I am seriously considering jumping to TMo..

I hadn't thought about them at all until I closely watched the Verizon commercial... the one where they are showing the focus group the graphs of Verizon LTE vs the competition ...

I had never noticed that on those slides TMo had zero...

I thought ... whoa ... they have a big 4g network... then I read the labeling... comparison of LTE... of course TMo doesn't have LTE...

So if Verizon is intentionally misrepresenting TMo's 4g, then they must be a threat to Verizon which means that I need to consider if dumping Sprint ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Greatbape

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Note 2 is out for sprint now. Was going to wait for the Nexus 4, but I'd rather have a 5.5 inch screen, 3100mah battery, and 64gb card.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
That would be silly.
First of all you could get the Optimus G (the phone that the Nexus is based on) which would also get you LTE and double the amount of storage over the Nexus 4. But also remember that there will be more phones coming out, possibly more Nexus phones as well.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That would be silly.
First of all you could get the Optimus G (the phone that the Nexus is based on) which would also get you LTE and double the amount of storage over the Nexus 4. But also remember that there will be more phones coming out, possibly more Nexus phones as well.

I don't like the Optimus G, if I had to stay with Sprint I would either wait to see if the Nexus 4 comes to Sprint in a few months or just buy a Galaxy S3.. The Nexus 4 might be based off the Optimus G but, IMO the addition of it being a Nexus device makes it FAR superior.. Plus the 13?MP camera isn't even as good as the 8MP (or so they say). I could care less about LTE, though I do agree with you on the storage.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
That would be silly.

Not silly, especially for modders. Optimus G has a locked bootloader that may never be cracked.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Central Forums

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
If you don't use your full upgrade by end of the year, when are you allowed to upgrade next? Just curious...

I'm guessing you got the NS4G around launch (Mother's day 2011). So, your 20-month upgrade (if you didn't have the premiere program) would be around Jan 2013 anyways, right?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you don't use your full upgrade by end of the year, when are you allowed to upgrade next? Just curious...

I'm guessing you got the NS4G around launch (Mother's day 2011). So, your 20-month upgrade (if you didn't have the premiere program) would be around Jan 2013 anyways, right?

Don't you have to sign a 2 year contract in order to use your full upgrade?

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It's not doubtful, its 100% not coming to Sprint and VZW

Nothing is 100% when it comes to the chance of company changing it's mind about something.

• They already have LTE in the G and it wouldn't take much since they share the same internals.
  • A lot of tech mags are giving them flack in their articles for the lack of LTE and aren't buying LG's or Google's BS excuses.

jhasty

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It is doubtful that they will ever make a CDMA version of the Nexus 4.

The hard work for making a Nexus 4 on Sprint has already been done for the Optimius G. So I believe all the trade rags are off-base about a CDMA version. The question is whether Sprint/LG/Google will do it and how long.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
My contract is up now, but local reps tell me to not expect LTE here (Eastern WA State, USA) until June or August. I would get a Note2 right now, but I don't want to live with 3G. Likely be some other phones by then, but what more features would they have over the Note2? Maybe if nothing else a 64G version will be available by then.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Get the g, LGS on sprint in my experience get the most stable radio reception.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay