What's the next big phone to hit Verizon?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I fail to understand why people are willing to lock themselves in not just overpriced but also restrictive contracts that don't let you change your phone for two years.

Please show me a cell phone contract that doesn't allow a person to change their phone.

I know what you're trying to say, but your statement is simply incorrect.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, people with contracts can still get a new phone every 6 months and sell their phones to subsidize the next one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, people with contracts can still get a new phone every 6 months and sell their phones to subsidize the next one.

Vicious cycle. I'm an addicted victim.

I'm looking for "the next big thing" too. I like the DNA. Nice looking device. But I would need to be extremely impressed with it before I made the jump. The 16gig onboard memory is a turn off for me since it does not support an external SD. Which is a major bummer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Yeah and lose a lot money each time they do it. The only way to not lose money is to get exactly what you paid for it or more... Or the new device to cost the same or less than what you paid for the current device. I have a feeling most buy full retail for 600+ sell for 400 or a little more (already 200 in the hole) then pay another 600+ for the next device making then 400+ in the hole. Not financially wise to keep doing this lol.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah and lose a lot money each time they do it. The only way to not lose money is to get exactly what you paid for it or more... Or the new device to cost the same or less than what you paid for the current device. I have a feeling most buy full retail for 600+ sell for 400 or a little more (already 200 in the hole) then pay another 600+ for the next device making then 400+ in the hole. Not financially wise to keep doing this lol.

Well everyone's finances are different. 400 bucks is nothing to some people and it's not much different than what people bragging about having no contract do. I have everything I want with Verizon though and don't pay anywhere near full price so I'm staying right where I am and waiting for some new phones.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Well everyone's finances are different. 400 bucks is nothing to some people and it's not much different than what people bragging about having no contract do. I have everything I want with Verizon though and don't pay anywhere near full price so I'm staying right where I am and waiting for some new phones.

I don't have the finances to buy a new phone every few months. I've been happy with my HD. Although development sucks. I've pretty much gotta limit myself to sell what I have and buy what I can. W/O needing to add any of my own money. Which isn't easy to do.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the finances to buy a new phone every few months. I've been happy with my HD. Although development sucks. I've pretty much gotta limit myself to sell what I have and buy what I can. W/O needing to add any of my own money. Which isn't easy to do.

I understand that. An yeah I stay away from Moto because of the development situation. I need ROMs lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I understand that. An yeah I stay away from Moto because of the development situation. I need ROMs lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm seriously on the fence with this device. I've never experienced battery life this good with a smartphone. A 4G smartphone I should say. I would seriously trade for an HTC DNA but the 16gig onboard memory is a major killer for me

Sliced off an HD RAZR maxx

rawdata8

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a co-worker who has the Droid DNA I've gotten the chance to look at it and its a pretty slick phone, its packed with features.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This is the next big phone to hit verizon. Was found crashed through a Verizon store recently.

phone-car-big.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed