Sprint Nexus 4

LiveAsALion

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
A lte nexus 4 on VZW would be awesome. Think they'd sell these on the play store? I imagine not...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Android Central Forums

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they'd be available in the play store since phones on CDMA networks (Sprint and Verizon) need additional software to work on their respective networks. That's one of the reasons it takes a while to provide updates to those Nexus phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see this actually occur, especially for Verizon and not sprint. I was just wondering Alex what are these whispers you talk about. When they launched the nexus 4,Andy rubin kept complaining about the mess the lte galaxy Nexus caused. Could this be the Optimus blaze just from lg and it uses stock or is google rethinking putting the nexus 4 on CDMA carriers.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If this proves too be true (for release on sprint), it might be enough to keep me from jumping ship...... of course, maybe I don't want it to become true............

Craft. Beer.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Very much hoping this happens. Not due for an upgrade until June though, who knows what will be out then.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This would be too little too late since:
I'd rather wait for the Galaxy S4 but even LG itself is rumored to be releasing an Optimus G2 with 2GHz quad-core, 5-inch 1080p screen running Key Lime Pie in May. So I see no reason to get excited about an older phone finally being released on Sprint.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Whisperers are a-whisperin'

LTE
32GB
Late Q1

This is a most delicious rumor. Everyone jumps on Google for not having LTE or enough storage... but they release it and it goes [to] the 3rd largest carrier in the US. That would mean that a N4 would be available for both T-Mobile and Sprint. Playing nice with the small guys. That's progressive.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they'd be available in the play store since phones on CDMA networks (Sprint and Verizon) need additional software to work on their respective networks. That's one of the reasons it takes a while to provide updates to those Nexus phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Manufacturers like Apple, Motorola, and Samsung sell CDMA-compatible phones in their online stores.

I do believe it's unlikely we'll see a a Sprint Nexus 4 in the Play Store but if it did, it wouldn't be anything shocking.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

14fanforever

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
have a nexus s 4g wonder if you have an opinion on extended battery and protective case hate give up seidio active case but lusting after mugen 3900 ah

lightyear420

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty indifferent at this point. I'm already planning on selling my NS4G to cover the ETF for the remaining 6 months on my Sprint contract and just get a Nexus 4 from T-mo ;)

Unless Sprint suddenly grants Google full access to the CDMA bits so AOSP can go on without a hitch, AND offers me at least a 50% discount on whatever the new contract price would be for a Nexus 4, there's no saving this customer from moving. I honestly think that they owe every single Sprint Nexus user that for all the bullsh!t they put us through with a 6 month wait for ICS, JB, having a heart attack after reading the news about being removed from AOSP, etc, etc, etc.

They really dragged us through the mud. I don't think anyone could rightfully blame me for wanting to leave so badly.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
A Nexus device on Sprint makes sense, given the relationship between Sprint and Google (see Google Wallet, Google Voice Integration). Just saying.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This would be too little too late since:
I'd rather wait for the Galaxy S4 but even LG itself is rumored to be releasing an Optimus G2 with 2GHz quad-core, 5-inch 1080p screen running Key Lime Pie in May. So I see no reason to get excited about an older phone finally being released on Sprint.

Well I hate to poo on your rumor but Klp won't be til june

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007