mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
With VZW just getting the DNA - is it safe to say that the M7 will only be going to AT&T and/or T-Mo??

I would have thought that as well, but the reports keep saying this phone will be coming to Sprint and Verizon. Of course, the reports could be wrong...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
For now the rumors are two out of the four major carriers will be getting M7 first while the others will get it later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
With VZW just getting the DNA - is it safe to say that the M7 will only be going to AT&T and/or T-Mo??

I would have thought that as well, but the reports keep saying this phone will be coming to Sprint and Verizon. Of course, the reports could be wrong...

I remember reading a post on the AC Forums from someone who claimed to have seen Verizon's Roadmap and they indicated the DNA had a very short lifespan. I like the DNA but it seems like the phone is about a 1/2" too tall to fit in the front pocket of most of the pants I wear. A new HTC phone with a 4.7" form factor may be the perfect replacement for my Razr Maxx.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

So you think the DNA is this year's Bionic? I can see that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

It's funny you mention the Bionic - I was actually going to make that comparison but then I deleted that portion of my post because I didn't feel that would be fair to the people who just bought the DNA. In my opinion the Bionic owners got screwed - they waited months for a phone that was hyped at CES and ended up with a phone that featured modest technology and a crappy screen. To add insult to injury, Motorola launched the Razr within just a few months of the Bionic and rendered the Bionic as being obsolete.

I think the DNA is a much better phone and people who buy one today won't have the same degree of buyer's remorse that the Bionic owners had. That said, I'm happy enough with my Razr Maxx that I think I'll wait to see what's released at CES.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Of all the new devices, rumored or otherwise, I hope the specs on the M7 turn out to be accurate because it intrigues me the most of all of them at this point. I happen to like Sense and HTCs build quality.

I'm going to be buying my next phone retail to keep my unlimited data on Verizon after doing the math on the bundle of dough I'll save over the course of 2 years as opposed to getting shunted into a "tiered plan". I use a lot of data via LTE.

I got to spend a little hands-on time in a Verizon store with the DNA and was really impressed with it but the 16gb storage (yeah I know, a USB OTG cable and thumb-drive solves the storage problem sort of) and the smallish battery (not quite a deal breaker, I learned my lesson with my TBolt and have power supplies in AC, DC and battery pack flavors stashed all over the place) were just enough to put me off dropping $600 on a device that doesn't quite press all my "drool" buttons completely.

Now, if the M7 hits the market at $700+ and the DNA drops below $500 .... hmmmm, that would put me in a quandary all right.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC G1>HTC Thunderbolt>HTC One S> HTC M7?

I will get the HTC M7 as long as battery life is decent,the price is right and works on T-Mobile.

I hope the HTC M7 switches to on screen buttons so the phone can be smaller. The on screen buttons are not a deal breaker though.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

achacon77

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
One read that it's being released on Sprint/Verizon (CDMA networks). Another says GSM. Which one will it be? Hope Sprint now that they're building up their LTE network in my area.

Nexus 7

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
So obviously no M7 announced at CES... only bad quarterly report from HTC... so wtf?? My guess is we don't realistically see this so called "M7" until Q3 or Q4 2013...

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe that was sarcasm? We knew they were gonna do that anyway. They did the same last year and the year before I believe.

I bet this phone will catch my attention just like the previous HTC phones do. I really do love they way their phones look. Too bad they have sense on top, which makes the phone more laggy then it should be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So you think the DNA is this year's Bionic? I can see that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

This year's rezound at least... Incredibly awesome yet no support and dropped like a hot potato.

Let's hope it will not be like this any way

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I believe that was sarcasm? We knew they were gonna do that anyway. They did the same last year and the year before I believe.

I bet this phone will catch my attention just like the previous HTC phones do. I really do love they way their phones look. Too bad they have sense on top, which makes the phone more laggy then it should be.

Sense 4 wasn't bad but I hear 4+ is....

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
It's still sense. I have an evo lte too and it isn't even close to being as smooth as stock. Hell my nexus 7 on 4.2 is most smooth then my evo (back when I used it). That's my only problem with sense. It adds to the idea that android is laggy when as of now it isn't.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante