New higher end sliders?

LotusLord

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for my boss. She's not tied to any carrier, though has AT&T now. She wants a keyboard, and most of the keyboard packing phones are older or under spec. She's coming from an HP Veer and would love to have something small like this still, but I'd say 4.3 inch would be the max size she'd work with. Any rumors of new devices coming to match this, or suggestions. I'm leaning towards suggesting the Droid 4, but maybe there will be a Droid 5 soon?

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for my boss. She's not tied to any carrier, though has AT&T now. She wants a keyboard, and most of the keyboard packing phones are older or under spec. She's coming from an HP Veer and would love to have something small like this still, but I'd say 4.3 inch would be the max size she'd work with. Any rumors of new devices coming to match this, or suggestions. I'm leaning towards suggesting the Droid 4, but maybe there will be a Droid 5 soon?

Physical keyboards in high end devices are dying bread

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

LotusLord

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
That does seem to be the case, and it doesn't have to be the best or fastest. But something newer than the captivate glide, or Droid 4 perhaps?

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
That does seem to be the case, and it doesn't have to be the best or fastest. But something newer than the captivate glide, or Droid 4 perhaps?

I think the droid 4 may be one of the newest ones out there I'm pretty sure sprint has a newer one as well

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The stratosphere 2 is a nice phone and has a lot of the features of the s3 and the photon q is kinda a beast

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got a Droid4 on launch day in February this year. It is not a top spec phone but it is a great phone. With ICS now & Jelly Bean coming in a few months, it should remain viable for quite some time. The Photon Q has a larger & better screen than the D4 but is basically the same otherwise. I love my D4. It is pretty fast and smooth to use. I am comparing to my stepsons SGS3. It is well built & feels good in the hand. The keyboard is fantastic too, it has an excellent feel and allows me to type like a fiend! I like that in get to see the entire screen contents even when I am typing, unlike onscreen keyboards that take up most of the screen. The bit of extra bulk & weight that the keyboard adds does not bother me. I realize I am in a quickly shrinking group of smartphone users that prefer physical keyboards, but as long as Motorola continues to put out a decent one, I will probably keep getting it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol