New HTC Phones any time soon?

cookney

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there any news on new HTC phones coming out in next couple months?

Dont visit the site daily so not up to date on any rumours etc!

I have a One X and can upgrade this month...

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
HTC M7 rumored. Look at Mobile World Congress In early Fe. as the platform HTC will use, as is their customary route, to reveal their hero devices for 2013.

We'll see a new One line then.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think HTC will give up the chance to at least do some sort of teaser... M7 has to go up against Samsung S3, S4, Note2, Note3... Big year for everyone, also to capitalise on a bit of slowing momentum on iPhone.

Manufacturers know they gotta get the flagship products right because the low and mid-end ain't gonna carry 'em. High-End and High-Mid is where things are going down big time this year.

The issue is also all this carrier exclusive stuff, not going to cut it going up against Samsung.

Droid DNA and One X Plus if marketed and polished right would have done better than all this exclusive stuff.

I wonder how much they get from Verizon alone man it must be a big chunk of cash.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think HTC will give up the chance to at least do some sort of teaser... M7 has to go up against Samsung S3, S4, Note2, Note3... Big year for everyone, also to capitalise on a bit of slowing momentum on iPhone.

Manufacturers know they gotta get the flagship products right because the low and mid-end ain't gonna carry 'em. High-End and High-Mid is where things are going down big time this year.

The issue is also all this carrier exclusive stuff, not going to cut it going up against Samsung.

Droid DNA and One X Plus if marketed and polished right would have done better than all this exclusive stuff.

I wonder how much they get from Verizon alone man it must be a big chunk of cash.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last I heard, the DROID DNA was a collaboration between Verizon and HTC where Verizon asked HTC to build a phone (vs. HTC prototyping then taking it to Verizon). The J Butterfly supposedly came after the DNA. If this is true, I don't blame HTC at all for the DNA having Verizon exclusivity. Come to think of it, I think I've seen more ads on TV for the DNA than I have for the One X.

That said, I don't have high hopes that HTC is going to do the right things in 2013. In 2012, they claimed that the focus would be on the three One-series phones, V, S, and X. Yet we're seeing things like the DROID Incredible 4G LTE, EVO 4G LTE, along with the One SV and One XV and One X+. I would like to see HTC scale back like they said they would.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jmm62

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Argh, I lost my HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Dinc2) phone! Luckily, I am eligible for the verizon upgrade and had downloaded the most important data..

I would like to get the same Dinc2 on the same plan (unlimited data, voice and texting), but alas Verizon no longer has the HTC Droid Incredible 2 available and the unlimited data plan have changed. I like the HTC part... but do not need a super fancy or fast phone. (Husband has HTC Thunderbolt and likes it)

The Dinc2 was my first smart phone and worked fine for my uses including (in order of heavy use): calls, texting, email, navigation!, voice to text (that microphone button), googlemaps, a handful of apps, internet searches, LOADS of photo taking, some video, pandora, radio and occasional games or video watching. Id' love something that is about as efficient, battery-strong and long-lasting.

PLAN
My choice for plans is to get the discounted/upgraded/subsidized phone, which annoyingly kicks me off the unlimited data to a comparably priced 2G for one penny more!

My concern about losing unlimited (or having to pay per gig) is that I have steadily become a higher-data user; we have kids, so I expect we will soon be adding more data and finally, I have wondered about using the phone for our home wireless instead of current cable model.

To protect the plan, I'd have to get a phone through Verizon or non-Verizon venues (e.g., Best Buy, Walmart, Target) at full price ($200- 300). Paying full price may seem like a low one-time cost vs. losing the whole plan. Or, I could try to find a phone on Craig's List, Ebay etc

PHONE
I had not been able to find the HTC Dinc2, but someone said I might be able to find it at like Radio Shack or something. But, if I can't find another Dinc2 and do use my upgrade, what would you recommend as a replacement? (My husband has and likes his Thunderbolt... though that seems mostly out of stock as well.)

If I don't use my upgrade and try to get a phone through craig's list or ebay, what should I get - the original HTC Droid Incredible? I figure I'd pay less... - but I am not so knowledgeable about this stuff, so that makes me nervous.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you! (Sorry if this is the wrong forum... I am also new to this and could not figure out how to post)

a62335

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Argh, I lost my HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Dinc2) phone! Luckily, I am eligible for the verizon upgrade and had downloaded the most important data..

I would like to get the same Dinc2 on the same plan (unlimited data, voice and texting), but alas Verizon no longer has the HTC Droid Incredible 2 available and the unlimited data plan have changed. I like the HTC part... but do not need a super fancy or fast phone. (Husband has HTC Thunderbolt and likes it)

Go to eBay, buy a Dinc2, take to VZW store and have it activated on your account. No changes to your plan and you keep your unlimited data. You could do the same with any other phone too.

The Dinc2 was my first smart phone and worked fine for my uses including (in order of heavy use): calls, texting, email, navigation!, voice to text (that microphone button), googlemaps, a handful of apps, internet searches, LOADS of photo taking, some video, pandora, radio and occasional games or video watching. Id' love something that is about as efficient, battery-strong and long-lasting.

PLAN
My choice for plans is to get the discounted/upgraded/subsidized phone, which annoyingly kicks me off the unlimited data to a comparably priced 2G for one penny more!

My concern about losing unlimited (or having to pay per gig) is that I have steadily become a higher-data user; we have kids, so I expect we will soon be adding more data and finally, I have wondered about using the phone for our home wireless instead of current cable model.

To protect the plan, I'd have to get a phone through Verizon or non-Verizon venues (e.g., Best Buy, Walmart, Target) at full price ($200- 300). Paying full price may seem like a low one-time cost vs. losing the whole plan. Or, I could try to find a phone on Craig's List, Ebay etc

PHONE
I had not been able to find the HTC Dinc2, but someone said I might be able to find it at like Radio Shack or something. But, if I can't find another Dinc2 and do use my upgrade, what would you recommend as a replacement? (My husband has and likes his Thunderbolt... though that seems mostly out of stock as well.)

If I don't use my upgrade and try to get a phone through craig's list or ebay, what should I get - the original HTC Droid Incredible? I figure I'd pay less... - but I am not so knowledgeable about this stuff, so that makes me nervous.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you! (Sorry if this is the wrong forum... I am also new to this and could not figure out how to post)

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

PLAN

PHONE

Welcome! For your needs and wants I would look into getting the HTC Incredible 4G LTE. It is essentially the Incredible 3, and it was just released this last summer. I don't know how much it's going for but it should be right for you :)

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

PLAN

PHONE

Try here...

http://www.expansys-usa.com/htc-droid-incredible-2-for-verizon-wireless-cdma-218034/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173