HTC M7 aka "HTC One"

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC M7

It's really what htc is missing. Me I won't buy one again regardless because they are a nightmare to develop for, but in terms of general public they are doing the right things just missing out on the name branding. Before the galaxy s, it didn't matter so much, HTC was the #1 android manufacturer, and in general a safe bet if you wanted a high end android phone, but now not so much.

Honestly it might be too late, but I'll admit I'm surprised they survived 2012, really thought we'd hear about an another company acquiring them by December.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

HTC is supposedly going to use One.

Samsung is using Galaxy S (I, II, III, and probably IV) and Galaxy Note (1 and 2)
Apple is using iPhone (none, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, and probably 5S)

I would expect HTC to still have a tag after One though. If not, this is going to be messy for them.

What tag? It's not going to be numeric. I think they should just drop the One moniker and pick another name.

Optimus S HydroROM 1.1.1 (RIP)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I see your point but honestly I think the best move would be to come up with an all new brand name. One vs one series is going to confuse anyone who hasn't followed Mobile technology and honestly, One is a terrible name because they can't carry it on like "iphone" or "galaxy s". What's next year's phones going to be called? Two? One II?

I know they don't have the pull that Samsung does to have one brand name across all carriers but there's ways around it. Samsung launched 4 different original Galaxy S phones in the us, and they didn't have the pull to do what they are doing now, so what did they do? They kept the Galaxy S branding. My Captivate for instance, had "Galaxy S" imprinted on the battery cover, and had the galaxy s boot animation. It was well known the Captivate was a galaxy S phone, even if it wasn't identical to the GT-i9000.

The HTC "One" I agree is not a name suited to try to use for a series of devices.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone else disappointed in the rumored S4 processor? Isn't that the same processor running in the One X on AT&T? Would it be too soon to hope for an A15 chipset?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone else disappointed in the rumored S4 processor? Isn't that the same processor running in the One X on AT&T? Would it be too soon to hope for an A15 chipset?

I don't know about the one x+(which I think has the tegra?), but the m7 will have the quad core s4 similar to the dna and nexus4. It's more or less the fastest processor yet used and is clocked at 1.7, others have been at 1.5

This was qualcomm's solution to not wanting to water on the a15 and to have something to fill the void.

To sum, I am in no way disappointed. A newer a15 would be awesome, but the faster version of an already proven processor is fine with me for now. In six months it would be a different story for a new phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the one x+(which I think has the tegra?), but the m7 will have the quad core s4 similar to the dna and nexus4. It's more or less the fastest processor yet used and is clocked at 1.7, others have been at 1.5

This was qualcomm's solution to not wanting to water on the a15 and to have something to fill the void.

To sum, I am in no way disappointed. A newer a15 would be awesome, but the faster version of an already proven processor is fine with me for now. In six months it would be a different story for a new phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I guess that's the problem for me, I would like to purchase the m7 and be satisfied for at least a year, but I know when an A15 variant comes out later this year ill bend and buy that one too. Question is will I be able to wait until then and not buy the m7.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I guess that's the problem for me, I would like to purchase the m7 and be satisfied for at least a year, but I know when an A15 variant comes out later this year ill bend and buy that one too. Question is will I be able to wait until then and not buy the m7.

Well I can't answer that for you, but the one who waits for the next best thing never buys anything in this market lol.

The way I look at it is nothing in the next year is going to come out that that processor can't handle great. It already runs the dna flawlessly from what I have seen. And that is at 1080p and a mountain of bloat on board.

The only thing the that the a15 cores might be able to achieve in this first year that is significant is the battery life. But that could be out weighed with the lcd3 tech that the m7 will have that I am not sure the other manufacturers are going to be using.

I and a side note, I stopped by Verizon today and looked at the dna. The screen is the BEST on the market hands down. Nothing can touch the beauty and clarity. It alone will be enough to get the m7 if it's the same.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Something minor that I would love to see on this upcoming HTC one device is the power button on the side of the phone instead of the top. With phones getting larger, and larger it's much harder to reach the power button one handed when it's located at the top of the device. Samsung got this right when they put the power button on the side of the GS3.

Kolli63

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

BC0-LdSCUAELIpm.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/299948232098865153

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Something minor that I would love to see on this upcoming HTC one device is the power button on the side of the phone instead of the top. With phones getting larger, and larger it's much harder to reach the power button one handed when it's located at the top of the device. Samsung got this right when they put the power button on the side of the GS3.

I agree. When you start getting phones that are physically over 5.25" (h) x 2.75" (w), putting the power button on the side vs. the top makes sense.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Can't fault the logic, but will take some getting used to after having it on top for so long. Every time I pick up a GS3 or my brother's MAXX, I just naturally grab the top looking for the power button.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't fault the logic, but will take some getting used to after having it on top for so long. Every time I pick up a GS3 or my brother's MAXX, I just naturally grab the top looking for the power button.

I totally do this too. Every single phone u touched in Verizon yesterday I groped around the top at one point or another lol. I would however get used to it on the side and probably like it better.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

From the video posted by HTC, this looks like the real deal. I still say that the screen portion on this pic is fake photoshop, but the overal device design looks to be true. I just really hope the bezel is kept down and it is not quite as tall as it looks.

HTC One Official Teaser Gives Us An Idea On How It Will Look Like

HTC teases flagship M7 Android phone, counts down to next week

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty excited about this phone. I love my One X however, I had to install Viper XL in order to get jelly bean because AT&T and, or HTC is dragging their feet. That's my biggest reservation about this new handset. It will release with jelly bean, possibly version 4.2 but who knows? I bet before this phone even hits store shelves Google will release key lime pie and it will be a year or so before this new handset gets that upgrade. Especially with AT&T. Very frustrating.

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand the power button on the side of the phone on my husband's note 2. I have no issue what so ever with the power button on the top of my DNA.I don't have to stretch to reach it and its easily pressable with my otterbox. As for this new htc device, I am beyond pleased with the DNA and believe that it will suit me for the two years until my upgrade. Battery and storage are irrelevant to me since I'm a stay at home mom and have access to WiFi for the cloud and plug ins for a charger any hour of the day.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Barca009

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Was just watching the Real Madrid vs Manchester United game and noticed all the advertising boards we're showing "htc one". Good to see HTC are getting the ads in early.

Kolli63

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Was just watching the Real Madrid vs Manchester United game and noticed all the advertising boards we're showing "htc one". Good to see HTC are getting the ads in early.
Ye noticed that in the Celtic - Juventus game on tuesday. Not sure about the name, it has a point but having one x already out kinda ruins the awesomeness in it.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Such a stupid, stupid name. HTCs board room "what do we call it?", "hell I got nothing, let's just keep the same name as last year "," Brilliant!"