HTC M7 aka "HTC One"

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC M7

I currently have the HTC Rezound which I will be able to upgrade in mid-July. Hoping the M7 comes to Verizon with at least 32GB internal storage if no microSD. The DNA is a great looking phone but with only 16GB and no microSD, no deal. I don't have wifi at work and barely get LTE at work, so steaming music from the cloud is not an option.

I also hope the M7 comes with a car dock. HTC does not make a car dock for the DNA.

- - - Updated - - -

I currently have the HTC Rezound which I will be able to upgrade in mid-July. Hoping the M7 comes to Verizon with at least 32GB internal storage if no microSD. The DNA is a great looking phone but with only 16GB and no microSD, no deal. I don't have wifi at work and barely get LTE at work, so steaming music from the cloud is not an option.

I also hope the M7 comes with a car dock. HTC does not make a car dock for the DNA.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Going by history, HTC's latest high-end devices may give a glimpse into a future of HTC with no expandable memory.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Htc is sending out invitations for a Febuary 19th event to launch the m7:

htc_london_press_event_invite_february_2013_520x300x24_fill.jpg

HTC hints M7 announcement at pre-MWC press event - uSwitch.com

HTC M7 launch set for February 19? HTC says: save the date | News Articles | Mobot.net

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

They've added bezel from the One X?

On that one unconfirmed pic it has. We have no way of knowing if that will be the final design or not, but i sure hope the bezel is smaller on the final. I like the overall design otherwise, but why make a smaller than 5" screen device if you are going to put it in a frame that could house a full 5" screen?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Barca009

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

My only guess as to why the phone is the same size as the DNA, but with a screen the size of the One X is due to the rumoured front facing speakers. I've 'shopped the two leaked images together to get a better understanding of the possible design of the M7.

It seems to fit quite well, my only guess is that the speaker grill at the bottom just doesn't show up very well on the black design.

Attachments

• htcm7.jpg
    htcm7.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 303

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

http://androidcommunity.com/htc-m7-possibly-headed-to-all-major-us-carriers-but-verizon-20130201/
"Verizon is known for doing things a little different, or at their own pace to put it lightly, and this looks to be no different. Reports are claiming T-Mobile, AT&T, and the Now Network will all have the M7 (still just a codename) come mid March. Apparently Verizon either won?t offer the M7 at all, or won?t be a launch partner for unknown reasons. Possibly because it doesn?t have the 'DROID' name attached to it, or they don?t want to launch so close to their own flagship"

I hope HTC M7 works on T-Mobile. What would be better if they just came out with on HTC M7 that can work on 4 major carriers like the iPhone 5.

I will be selling my TMW S3 for HTC M7 if the rumors are true.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

http://androidcommunity.com/htc-m7-possibly-headed-to-all-major-us-carriers-but-verizon-20130201/
"Verizon is known for doing things a little different, or at their own pace to put it lightly, and this looks to be no different. Reports are claiming T-Mobile, AT&T, and the Now Network will all have the M7 (still just a codename) come mid March. Apparently Verizon either won?t offer the M7 at all, or won?t be a launch partner for unknown reasons. Possibly because it doesn?t have the 'DROID' name attached to it, or they don?t want to launch so close to their own flagship"

I hope HTC M7 works on T-Mobile. What would be better if they just came out with on HTC M7 that can work on 4 major carriers like the iPhone 5.

I will be selling my TMW S3 for HTC M7 if the rumors are true.

:mad: not that this is surprising, but it makes me want to rage quit. I was actually going to go out and get it if the rumors were accurate .

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

HTC G2 is just a code name and has nothing to the HTC or Lg G2.

So it'll be the Two-X, Two-S, and Two-V?

Lol I'm only joking. I gotta ask what is the point of the G2? I never get why phone manufacturers put out new phones with such dated hardware. The g2 is by all means a 2010 model phone. Why would I buy that when I could get a galaxy s2 for the same price, where the hardware is still somewhat relevant?

From my experience until android phones got dual cores and 1 gig of ram, you were better off with an iphone. I loved my captivate but I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to it, it was laggy out of the box, and laggy with about any custom rom on it. Ran world's better with cm7 and 9, but smooth it was not, and thus why new phones with that kinda hardware shouldn't still be coming out.

Imo they should just just take last year's phones and make them budget phones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

achacon77

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

So... What are the chances the rumor of the HTC M7 having the Tegra 4 running on it are true? One more thing, I actually hope the keep the name as M7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

So it'll be the Two-X, Two-S, and Two-V?

Lol I'm only joking. I gotta ask what is the point of the G2? I never get why phone manufacturers put out new phones with such dated hardware. The g2 is by all means a 2010 model phone. Why would I buy that when I could get a galaxy s2 for the same price, where the hardware is still somewhat relevant?

From my experience until android phones got dual cores and 1 gig of ram, you were better off with an iphone. I loved my captivate but I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to it, it was laggy out of the box, and laggy with about any custom rom on it. Ran world's better with cm7 and 9, but smooth it was not, and thus why new phones with that kinda hardware shouldn't still be coming out.

Imo they should just just take last year's phones and make them budget phones.

Last year's high end phones are not substantially cheaper to produce. They can maybe sell them at a discount while they're emptying out inventory, but it is not as profitable as a phone designed to be low end.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

ThatKawaiiGuy

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

So... What are the chances the rumor of the HTC M7 having the Tegra 4 running on it are true? One more thing, I actually hope the keep the name as M7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Lately so far the rumor went away and got replaced with a SnapDragon S4 Pro processor thats been pumped up to 1.7ghz

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Last year's high end phones are not substantially cheaper to produce. They can maybe sell them at a discount while they're emptying out inventory, but it is not as profitable as a phone designed to be low end.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Still a dual core and a gig of ram isn't too much to ask, as well as a front camera.