HTC M7 aka "HTC One"

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like March 22nd is the rumoured launch date for all the US carriers except verizon in 32gb $199 and 64gb $299 versions. I'm sure Verizon will want to make tweaks like only 16gb version to force customers to use the cloud and give more time for the DNA to sell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like March 22nd is the rumoured launch date for all the US carriers except verizon in 32gb $199 and 64gb $299 versions. I'm sure Verizon will want to make tweaks like only 16gb version to force customers to use the cloud and give more time for the DNA to sell.

If it comes to Verizon at 199, with 32g and no other big changes it will be mine. O yes, yes it will

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I might get this phone. I been looking at trying out an HTC especially if sprint gets the 64gb version.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
To me, the big fail with the DNA was only 16Gb of storage. I need space for multiple nandroids and a few hundred MP3s for when I'm on a plane or in an area with poor 3g/4g or if I'm going to be out and about all day and want to conserve battery by not streaming. No SD card doesn't bother me if I can get 64Gb on board. I would still like a removable battery, but I can get past that. I'm still curious to see more details on the Galaxy S4 for comparison.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

without question the 64gb will replace my one x +

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I just read the at&t HOX doesn't have jelly bean yet, they better work to fix that situation if they hope to sell more phones. That's just ridiculous imo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I just read the at&t HOX doesn't have jelly bean yet, they better work to fix that situation if they hope to sell more phones. That's just ridiculous imo

Well when the manufacturers get it done can be fixed, but carriers there is no fix unless they completely forgo the carrier tech support and such and swing a deal like apple. Won't happen any time soon.

Right now they have no control when or if att pushes it out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Do you truly believe that upgrades are a big sales driver?

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
They are for me. That's why I'm rocking a nexus 4 now, sick of the bs. I haven't even rooted this thing probably never will.

General Public probably not but still shows lack of commitment. From my experience HTC does not stand behind their products at all.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you truly believe that upgrades are a big sales driver?

I don't think upgrades would drive sales to the "mainstream." Having said that, though, I know of cases where the lack of upgrades has driven people away. Specifically, when Motorola failed to support their devices after promising they would, so many people were pissed. Motorola lost some loyalty and brand respect.

I think that HTC would be wise to offer support on their devices, but understand that device support isn't going to win them any *new* customers. They have to make devices that appeal to the broader market.

HTC really needs a marketing campaign to illustrate that their phones have the best and sharpest displays. Every review I read said the HOX had a better display than the S3. I think HTC ought better capitalize on that.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they probably don't, I need to keep my personal feelings out of it. It just seems sad that for people who owned htc stuff from 2011 like me, to think "HTC has changed, they're really doing great with the one series" only a year later to see same old crap. And why did they even bother with the one x plus? They give this whole spiel about how they are only going to release one major phone a year, and then make a filler phone! People who bought the one X then feel like they got screwed, and people who buy the plus end up feeling screwed 6 months later. Really on AT&T, the one X plus is the Vivid of 2012. The Vivid was a filler to fill the gap between the Inspire 4G and the HOX and now the HOX+ fills the gap between the original and the new m7. Samsung releases a 100 garbage phones, but they haven't made any phone that slightly one ups the gs3 or Note 2 to tide people over.

Kolli63

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
[video=vimeo;59987410]http://vimeo.com/59987410#[/video]
Looks legit to me. I really don't like how the speakers are on top of the device, when you play on the phone I think your hands will cover the speakers.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Official Specs:

DISPLAY: 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI
CPU SPEED: Qualcomm? Snapdragon? 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz
PLATFORM ANDROID: Android? with HTC Sense?, HTC BlinkFeed?
Total storage : 32GB/64GB, available capacity varies1
RAM : 2 GB DDR2
GPS: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS, Digital compass
SENSORS: Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
CONNECTIVITY: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack,NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link

SOUND ENHANCEMENT
HTC BoomSound?
Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio?
HDR Microphone
Sense Voice

CAMERA:

HTC UltraPixel Camera
BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 ?m, Sensor size 1/3'
Dedicated HTC ImageChip? 2
F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)

Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
Front Camera: 2.1 MP, 880 wide angle lens with HDR capability
1080p Full HD video recording for both front and back cameras

SIZE: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm
WEIGHT: 143g

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Sense still has the hideous green battery bar and obnoxious wifi logo! Lighter my ass!

Oh and they forgot a button.
qahena3y.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy