Where is Moto

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering why is moto not doing anything. I am not even talking about the x phone but like a cracked out droid razr maxx hd + or something. Will they e at Mwc or something. I was just wondering when there qua core phones will be popping up. I really want a new phone since I like them the best at the moment in terms of software unless a new nexus will come to Verizon but not good chances of that. Just wondering if anyone heard anything on the grapevine.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering why is moto not doing anything. I am not even talking about the x phone but like a cracked out droid razr maxx hd + or something. Will they e at Mwc or something. I was just wondering when there qua core phones will be popping up. I really want a new phone since I like them the best at the moment in terms of software unless a new nexus will come to Verizon but not good chances of that. Just wondering if anyone heard anything on the grapevine.

Who says Motorola isn't doing anything?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Who says they are?

I am waiting on them to put out something worth talking about. Has not happened in what, 2 years?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

There are currently people employed at Motorola. I'd be shocked if there weren't working on something.

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess I just want some kinda rumor. So far there has been nothing. Even the x phone was debunked about it really just being a droid on roids.

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It was on the moto x phone forum in android central forum. I saw a photo that was posted that looked legit. Enough.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that Moto only has 2 maybe 3 phones planned for Verizon this year and my guess would be it'll be a while before they come out so maybe it's going to be a quiet year for them. Probably best that way though, all manufacturers should do this, then they can stay up on the updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
In a perfect world, Motorola would have one phone for every carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
In a perfect world, Motorola would have one phone for every carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

No, I think three or four phones a year. Gotta hit the price points and the high end twice.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Who says they are?

I am waiting on them to put out something worth talking about. Has not happened in what, 2 years?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Didn't they just put out a phone a few months ago that had an insanely huge battery?

I think that's worth talking about, even though I couldn't give 2 craps about moto phones. I still think that is the way to go, especially with phones become more and more powerful.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Who says they are?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Yeah NO ONE was impressed by that 3300 mAh monster battery they introduced. That was 12 months ago. Just to help ya here: 12 months=1 year.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't because of what it was connected too...

Nah I lied, I was impressed with the battery

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I am glad that someone pushed the battery envelope for the industry, but it's like if Toyota put a 50 gallon tank in a camry. I would hope it gets pretty far on a tank.

Now if they found a way to get that kind of life out of a 2000ma battery, that would be something to talk about.

Just like htc and their lcd3 tech on the dna screen. It gets just as good of battery life as other phones with similar or slightly larger batteries, but with full 1080p, a slightly larger screen, and the Sense skin that everyone says is a battery hog. THAT is something to talk about...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that Moto only has 2 maybe 3 phones planned for Verizon this year and my guess would be it'll be a while before they come out so maybe it's going to be a quiet year for them. Probably best that way though, all manufacturers should do this, then they can stay up on the updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

And?

In 2012 Motorola had the DROID 4, DROID RAZR HD, and DROID RAZR M for Verizon. (Should the MAXX versions count?)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
"Only" two or three phones for Verizon? Isn't that a good thing? I thought people wanted manufacturers to slow down so that they can better support their devices.

Exactly.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No, I think three or four phones a year. Gotta hit the price points and the high end twice.

I'd rather have the same RAZR line on all carriers.

Maybe their Defy line could be like those lesser Galaxy phones.