Are all phones gonna be 5 inches for now on?

mcgowan398

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Because every rumored phone Ive searched for so far seems to have a 5 inch screen or higher so are phones just going to gradually get bigger for now on or is 5inches the screen size stopping point?

CURIOUSS:confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is a stopping point. I heard rumor has it eventually people will be walking around with tablets up to their ears and pockets on jeans will have to be increased just to carry them. ;-)

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
2013 is the test of the 5 inch ones, but no one could say if it will succeed or failed.

If ALL the flag ships are 5",then they will succeed just like this year ALL of them were 4.7"+ Until there are smaller flagship to compare to larger ones or they hit the too big threshold, these phones will stay this size or get larger. Right now if you want high end, you go big. This year if you want high end you will go even bigger. Until something changes, they will be bigger in 2014 and so on and they will all be successful because there is no smaller high end option.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The high end phones with 1080p screens are going to be 5 inches or more. Anything with 720p or qHD will be smaller. It's the way the industry is going right now. As long as people keep buying bigger screens, OEMs will keep pushing them. Just like televisions.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry 10 came out and the z10 has a screen size of 4.2" and that is the "flagship."

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

Barca009

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I kinda expect 5" to be the standard size in the future, I do think that borders will be the next thing to change, I can imagine phones with edge to edge screens on all directions (well, maybe a little at the top for a speaker). I think that would make carrying around these large screen phoned much easier.

sgtjiggy

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry 10 came out and the z10 has a screen size of 4.2" and that is the "flagship."

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

I think this is BB last gasp for air.They still have a loyal following. It will be interesting to watch, but if the Windows phones keep improving there will be little room left for BB to be successful.

Oops off track there "ADD" kicking in, I have a Note 2 and have a bad habit of buying the latest and greatest. This phone is big. I love it but will not want a phone any larger. This is the max size for me. The iPhone 5 feels like a tin toy in my hand and the screen is just too small.

Sgt Jiggy "SG Note II"

halimaw96

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Moto X phone reportedly will come with a 4.8 inch screen, and the M7 will supposedly have a 4.7 inch screen. There may be hope yet.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This reminds me of when the original Dell Streak was announced. Everyone said it was just too big, and yet it carried a 5" display. Amazing how it crashed, and burned yet now almost every major flagship will be this size. Maybe Dell was just ahead of it's time here.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
This reminds me of when the original Dell Streak was announced. Everyone said it was just too big, and yet it carried a 5" display. Amazing how it crashed, and burned yet now almost every major flagship will be this size. Maybe Dell was just ahead of it's time here.

I have a sneaking suspicion the Streak failed not because of specs, but because of consumer perception of Dell: cheap, bland PC maker. Who wants a smartphone from that?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It's looking like 5 inches or something close will be the standard. I have the HTC DROID DNA which is 5 inches and it seems to be that perfect size. Other than being taller, the DNA fits in my hand about the same as my EVO 3D which is only 4.3 inches.

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Bigger is better. Looking forward to a 7" HTC evo someday.

I have giant hands though. Can't even buy a pair of gloves that will fit them. Lets not even go into my size 16 wide feet.

Jack

Sent from my MeanBean optimized and Supercharged ElteVO.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a sneaking suspicion the Streak failed not because of specs, but because of consumer perception of Dell: cheap, bland PC maker. Who wants a smartphone from that?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
Actually I did. That is until I saw the iPhone 4. I always loved the form factor, but couldn't get into Android at the time.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto X phone reportedly will come with a 4.8 inch screen, and the M7 will supposedly have a 4.7 inch screen. There may be hope yet.

If this rumored X phone goes 5" or larger, it's looking less likely to be my next.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If this rumored X phone goes 5" or larger, it's looking less likely to be my next.

Not sure where I read this because I must have read close to 10 articles today on this phone, but... I read 5" display, yet physically smaller than the S3. Works for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where I read this because I must have read close to 10 articles today on this phone, but... I read 5" display, yet physically smaller than the S3. Works for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That sceams DROID RAZR M design language. It'll be a good thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance