So, what upcoming phone are you most excited for?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Once you go Nexus it's hard to go back. Maybe the Motorola X will be different, but for the price it's hard to justify spending so much. Plus Google is apparently working with Nikon on a new camera.

Hehe, not so fast. ;) You'd think so reading this site (very pro-Nexus), but it really depends on what you value. I just replaced my Nexus 7 with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as I find vanilla Android lacking a great many features inherent in skins such as Touch Wiz. Not to mention the frequent update cycle left me feeling like a beta tester for Google. :( (also why I froze my Nexus 7 on 4.1.2). Also had to have the S-Pen like my Note 2. :p No regrets what so ever with either device even though they cost more than a typical Nexus. They both feel and operate like premium devices and fulfill my expectations. I can't say the same about my experience with the Nexus 7. And the Nexus 4 is dead in the water to me as it doesn't support Verizon LTE, the best carrier and coverage where I live/work and travel.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks as the say. :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hehe, not so fast. ;) You'd think so reading this site (very pro-Nexus), but it really depends on what you value. I just replaced my Nexus 7 with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 as I find vanilla Android lacking a great many features inherent in skins such as Touch Wiz. Not to mention the frequent update cycle left me feeling like a beta tester for Google. :( (also why I froze my Nexus 7 on 4.1.2). Also had to have the S-Pen like my Note 2. :p No regrets what so ever with either device even though they cost more than a typical Nexus. They both feel and operate like premium devices and fulfill my expectations. I can't say the same about my experience with the Nexus 7. And the Nexus 4 is dead in the water to me as it doesn't support Verizon LTE, the best carrier and coverage where I live/work and travel.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks as the say. :)
I went from an LTE samsung to the Nexus 4 and could care less. My HPSA+ coverage is perfectly fine. I love getting the latest updates and think 4.2.2 is excellent.

Not as concerned on my tablet although I have a Transformer Prime which gets updates very fast.

I do think that on a phone there is a point where they are abandoned by the manufacturer where Nexus devices continue to get updates and run well right up until the hardware is dead.

The S pen is certainly a great tool for many and would be a good reason to choose the Note products. But they do come at a cost. Glad it's working for you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

8 corez

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I change my answer...

LG Megalodon!! Lol...

That's the rumored Nexus 5 to have 2.3 ghz quad SOC and 3 gigs RAM not to mention 5.2" 1080 display and KLP...

I'm all over that!! :)

tmags2

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My next phone will be the Note III. I just hope they can squeeze a 5.9 or 6 inch screen into the same size phone as the Note II. That would be perfect.