Have the money for a tablet now but should I wait??

Matt Chamberlin

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
So I just received my tax return and am planning on buying a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 or ASUS Transformer Infinity. Something like that that I can use when I have to travel for work this summer and for my wife and children to enjoy.

But I dont "need" it until around mid May when I will have to have it for work so do you all think I should just throw the money in savings and see if the price drops on these tabs in the next few months or should I buy now? Is there something rumored to come out before June that I should hold out for?

Thanks

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I would wait until you need it. Not to mention there are rumors of the N7/N10 refresh at google IO in May. Also I think there have been rumors of new galaxy tablets, but I'm not certain. I think the best practice though in terms of technology is just wait until you need something and then buy it without worrying what will be coming next. If you can wait however, refresh cycles are usually predictable when it comes to tablets and phones.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
yes wait...who knows what the next big thing will be then...the only problem i see is that you might spend the money on some other s hit..... :)

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My old man is still on his old iPhone 3GS!! Due to the quick succession of releases he always ends up waiting for the newer model!

First the iPhone 4 was released, but I might as well wait for the 4S, then again I've heard 5 will be announced soon so might as well wait for the 5 now, iPhone 5 is released but oh jebus, there are rumours that the iPhone 6 is gonna be announced at some point so I think I'll hang on for that!

Drives me mad! He's just gonna spend his life waiting and charging his old 3GS every half a day! I bought him a portable charger due to how bad his battery life is now!

Showed him my Nexus 4 last night and he was slightly jealous to say the least.................."Well get it changed then you silly old fart!!!"

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I would wait until you need it. Not to mention there are rumors of the N7/N10 refresh at google IO in May. Also I think there have been rumors of new galaxy tablets, but I'm not certain. I think the best practice though in terms of technology is just wait until you need something and then buy it without worrying what will be coming next. If you can wait however, refresh cycles are usually predictable when it comes to tablets and phones.

Exactly why us wait there are rumors of a nexus7-2 that might be announced at Google I/O

Viva La Resistance!