Motorola's Nexus - possible details on new mid-range Nexus phone

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Update, 5/13: Fresh intel suggests this won't be at I/O, if it's even still a Nexus. (There's been some talk that whatever this was might eventually come to market with Moto badging instead.) Again, full rumor mode here, so take with a pinch of salt.

Original:

We're hearing that Moto and Google might well be working on a mid-range Nexus device -- i.e. something not intended to replace the Nexus 4, but a device that's just as aggressively-priced.

Some quick hits --

- A Nexus phone built by Motorola and branded as such
- 4.5-inch screen, likely 720p or thereabouts, very little bezel
- Unknown CPU, 1GB of RAM, 5MP camera
- Composite, interchangeable colored back plates (red, purple, white, pink, green, blue)
- May be advertised alongside the Google Watch, with Google Now support
- Price $199 outright with 8GB of storage

Given the timing of all this, I'd guess this thing is a good bet for an appearance at Google I/O, though we have no specific info on that.

Very much unconfirmed rumor territory for the moment, so treat it as such. (There's a reason this is being posted here and not anywhere more official :))

Last edited:

JNM

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
There's something more official than one of the official authorities posting in the official forums? Can't be!

jonmall

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Cool! Could be something I get for my girlfriend to get her an upgrade to the Wildfire S :). That phone is showing its age hehehe.

Germian

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Heh, with Google being on their minimalism trend, I wonder why even have space for anything else than apps on a device. I guess that's gonna be a feature for their 'low end' Nexus if they ever come out with one.

Doesn't sound that bad otherwise. Possibly recycling the design from the Razr M/i? Because of the mention of the very little bezel. Now a nice new Nexus 7-2 and a 32GB Nexus 4 and I'm good ;)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We're hearing that Moto and Google might well be working on a mid-range Nexus device -- i.e. something not intended to replace the Nexus 4, but a device that's just as aggressively-priced.

Some quick hits --

- A Nexus phone built by Motorola and branded as such
- 4.5-inch screen, likely 720p or thereabouts, very little bezel
- Unknown CPU, 1GB of RAM, 5MP camera
- Composite, interchangeable colored back plates (red, purple, white, pink, green, blue)
- May be advertised alongside the Google Watch, with Google Now support
- Price $199 outright with 8GB of storage

Given the timing of all this, I'd guess this thing is a good bet for an appearance at Google I/O, though we have no specific info on that.

Very much unconfirmed rumor territory for the moment, so treat it as such. (There's a reason this is being posted here and not anywhere more official :))

Very interested in 4.5 if edge-to-edge like the RAZR i/DROID RAZR M.

Google Watch = a "Nexus"-like version of MOTOACTV?

And ZOMG WHY NOT 128GB OF STORAGE?! SUPER FAIL. (i did it for the lulz)

heat3610

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Its the phone you saw a couple weeks back. It will most likely be shown at I/O as a Motorola device running the Google experience (ex.Xoom). It will have a dual core soc.
search

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463