LG Optimus G2 launch set for May 30?

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Could this be the first Snapdragon 800 phone?

LG Optimus G2 launch event could happen on May 30| News | TechRadar

%5BLG%5D-Save-the-Date-580-75.jpg

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think so. LG sent that to those of us on their junket last year. I'm pretty sure it's for an Asian launch of the Optimus G Pro.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. LG sent that to those of us on their junket last year. I'm pretty sure it's for an Asian launch of the Optimus G Pro.

Darn, I was hoping for a Snapdragon 800 device to be released sooner rather then later!
There's still the Nexus 5 or Xphone to think about...

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
1. Waaaay too early - LG typically releases 4 phones a year in the US. Last year they did 5 with some help from Google. One flagship and some filler mid to low-end stuff. We've already seen the Spectrum 2 (Jan) and the Lucid 2 (Apr) this year so they've got maybe 3 phones left over the next 7 months with another Google-assist. Most likely one in the Aug-Oct window and one in Nov/Dec.

2. LG's done everything short of buying time on Fox news to let the world know about a Snapdragon 800 phone coming to Sprint. The Sprint phone may only be an update of the Optimus G Pro since that phone only made it to ATT and no other carriers have been linked to LG's new phone.

3. Sprint will NOT be launching their LG-exlusive phone from Macau.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36