HTC ONE Phablet

cokeblack

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised its not mentioned on here yet. There's a rumor going around about HTC making a phablet version of the ONE. I've been saving my upgrade for the Note 3 but I would definitely get the ONE phablet instead if the rumors are true.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised its not mentioned on here yet. There's a rumor going around about HTC making a phablet version of the ONE. I've been saving my upgrade for the Note 3 but I would definitely get the ONE phablet instead if the rumors are true.

I don't feel this device will be compelling. For one, it's going to weigh a ton if they make it the same build as the One. That's going to suck carrying it around in your pocket. For two, without Wacom technology it makes it a lot less productive as a business tool (which is where a large percentage of the market for something like this is).
I'm currently sporting an HTC One, and loving it. That said, there's a reason Samsung is ruling that space.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I think this would actually really suck. I want the HTC One along with my girlfriend, we are with Verizon. The Note II is a great device but I don't want a HTC One to that BIG. I rather just have a normal sized one. Though, if it works like the Note II, this could be interesting.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think this would actually really suck. I want the HTC One along with my girlfriend, we are with Verizon. The Note II is a great device but I don't want a HTC One to that BIG. I rather just have a normal sized one. Though, if it works like the Note II, this could be interesting.

What's wrong with more options?

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The HTC 'T6' is real. It's a 6-incher with a 1080p screen. No pen input. Intended to be high-end but not the flagship -- that honor is still reserved for the HTC One.

That's from a reliable source.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I would have gotten the larger screen one!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
I think that's his point. However, Samsung has the Phablet market on lock. It's more than just having a large screen phone, there's functionality in the Note series that just isn't there with other devices.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have to note 2 and will be getting the note 3 as long as it has an exynos processor but if these specs are real (hoping for more storage though) ill be getting this too !!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
What really sucks about it is they simply upped the screen size, reduce the internal storage (sure maybe a microSD but that doesn't fix 16GB internal). They are falling further behind. Too bad I had some high hopes for HTC, but as the exodus continues so does their stock value.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What really sucks about it is they simply upped the screen size, reduce the internal storage (sure maybe a microSD but that doesn't fix 16GB internal). They are falling further behind. Too bad I had some high hopes for HTC, but as the exodus continues so does their stock value.

This phone isn't even official yet...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I really would have liked the HTC One to be the One device they released and focused on this year...

I'm with you on focusing on one device, but personally, as their aim is to take back some of the Android universe, I'd have liked to see three devices: phone, "phablet," and tablet. Release and market them all, similar in the way that Google markets all three Nexus devices, to some extent, at the same time.

Three major devices, released simultaneously, and marketed properly, would have been huge news. It would be terrific to see HTC begin to build their One universe in the way Samsung has developed the Galaxy line.

Last edited:

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for this pretty eagerly. I love their build quality. Just bought my wife a One and boy, talk about sexy and speedy. I don't think there is anything wrong with HTC releasing this larger One and the mini One as well. What company releases just one phone in a year? Yes, they do need to focus on their major product, but they also need other options for people who want more or less of a phone as well. I think it would be much worse if they didn't have a few more phones. You can't have just one device in a year, that's silly. It may not take the world by storm, but I bet an HTC phablet would sell very well. We'll all just have to wait and see. I, for one, am very excited to see what they do here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair