HTC ONE Phablet

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok you got me there. When I said that I was mainly thinking of the various android manufacturers. Either way, super excited to see what HTC has up it's sleeve with this thing.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
This phone isn't even official yet...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ok, so what is your point? There are LOTS of devices that are not "official" yet and we still openly discuss them, dissect them and so on and so forth.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The issue is it will only be an upsized HTC One so nothing new and innovative with it, at least based on rumors so far and the lack of internal storage is a HUGE problem.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so what is your point? There are LOTS of devices that are not "official" yet and we still openly discuss them, dissect them and so on and so forth.

My point is only that you're making a big deal about it, saying that it'll cause HTC to fall further behind and things like that. That's all.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Not a phablet fan myself but I sure would like to see HTC do this. I'd actually like to see an 8 to 10" tablet along the lines of the one's design.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My point is only that you're making a big deal about it, saying that it'll cause HTC to fall further behind and things like that. That's all.

AND . . . a big deal it is, to me at least and I am sure to others. If you are going to go toe to toe with Samsung on the Phablet Market, wait, forget that, if you are going to push for a BIG comeback you can go small or enter lightly into any market, you either go BIG OR GO HOME.

Your first foray into the Phablet market should NOT be what Samsung did in 2011 or 2012, it shouldn't be less that what LG just did with their Optimus G Pro. They put 32GB + microSD + 1080p at 5.5" and if HTC can't do at least that they shouldn't attempt it.

I for one would like to see HTC actually make a big comeback some of my prior Android phones were HTC, and IMO their problems were not entirely their fault, but Verizon's. Verizon has a nasty habit of forcing the OEM's to build something Verizon wants and its usually a cob job hack attempt that is buggy as shiz.

HTC is showing they can much, much MORE and why shouldn't they go big on the HTC One Max (T6). My point is a positive one for HTC, not a negative one against them.

I have actually rethought my whole interest in this device and perhaps not getting a phablet at all, maybe selling my GS4 getting the HTC One and a GN8.0 on AT&T.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with you Nothingls True, I have a love hate relationship with Phablets, I want the one device that can do it all but I hate the lack of one handed use, etc.

Now that ATT is getting the GN8.0 w/ 32GB (and supposedly 64GB) of internal + microSD that has me thinking its a much, much better trade off along with an HTC One.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I for one would like to see HTC actually make a big comeback some of my prior Android phones were HTC, and IMO their problems were not entirely their fault, but Verizon's. Verizon has a nasty habit of forcing the OEM's to build something Verizon wants and its usually a cob job hack attempt that is buggy as shiz.

I would like to see HTC do well as well, because as I've stated many times I'm a fan of their products. Where I thought you were going with the Big Red statement was that they only push Motos and of late Sammys. The Rezound in my opinion was a much better offering than either the XMax or the GNex, but it got one lousy commercial that didn't say anything but the phone is loud. Meanwhile, I would like to see something smaller than phablet version of the HTC One come to Big Red, but if it's that or one of those other two I'll just have to be happy with my giant phone. That Sony XZ looks nice too, but again not on Big Red.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I do feel bad for anyone who walks into a wireless carrier store these days who hasn't done some level of research and gets pushed into an iphone, Samsung or Moto without any real thought on the "other" offerings that are out there.

Sadly Verizon's attitude is what drove me away from them. The Thunderbolt was the beginning and the Note 2 was the final straw. I find having a GSM/LTE phone is so much easier to deal with than a CDMA/LTE or Verizon locked LTE phone. I got my HTC One and popped my SIM in and voila it was up and running after a few taps and selecting the carrier. Much easier.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
That top me is no longer a phablet but a tablet. 5.5 maybe 5.7----TOPS
I personally don't want it bigger, nit t the phone lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Current rumors have the HTC One Maxx getting 32 & 64GB internal storage options, question now is did we gain the microSD slot which was supposedly left out due to space constraints (LTE takes up too much room). If we get 64GB and 64GB microSD slot capacity this will be the Maxximum phone to have.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My only concern at this point will be the size. I truly wish there was something a bit smaller on the horizon for Verizon. The Max's specs look good and the success of it's smaller brother (HTC One) are good signs. With this being the only offering by Big Red around my renewal time, this will likely be my new hand set... If it will fit in my pocket.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
LG Pro 2 won't be until next spring/summer since it only launched in May of this year. Note 3 looks tempting, BUT, if the speaker in the same weak sauce they keep using its not a strong contender. They don't have to go dual front facing speakers like HTC but they do need to put a better and larger speaker on it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci