Samsung's June 20 Launch event, what's left to introduce?

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
We've been hearing speculation on what Samsung was going to introduce on June 20 and it had been speculated that it would be the Tab 3, S4 Active, S4 Mini. Now those have all been announced beforehand. What is there left to announce on June 20? Can it be the Note 3? Or are they just going to talk about devices they've already announced?

Samsung Announces the Galaxy S4 Mini ? Dual-core Processor, 4.3-inch qHD Display, and GS4 Software Features
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/05/3...3-inch-qhd-display-and-gs4-software-features/

Samsung's Ruggedized Galaxy S4 Active Officially Announced
Samsung's Ruggedized Galaxy S4 Active Officially Announced - IGN

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I was starting to ponder the same question this morning when I saw the news about the S4 Active. I would love for the Not 3 to be announced this month but I'm not going to hold out too much hope. I'm due for upgrade July 1 and my S2 just completely crapped out on me yesterday. I was considering asking for a month early upgrade to get the Note 2, but I'm resistant to buy a phone that is coming up on being a year old. Especially with the looming Note 3. Guess I'll just keep waiting to see what happens. Fortunately, Sprint is ordering me a replacement S2 so hopefully that will hold me over until I see what happens with the Note 3 or the HTC T6.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Right, I remember that now too. But one of the pics in that teaser looked a lot like the S4 Active. And at this point, what other Galaxy devices are still unannounced? Or maybe this could be just to show off some announced devices... who knows. Either way, I think I'm holding out for the Note 3

Posted via Android Central App

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Everyone was speculating September for IFA but perhaps it has grown enough in importance to have it's own announcement. Seems like too much for just the S4 Zoom.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumored to be announce at Samsung?s London press event on the 20th of June, along with the new Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom, and we have heard a number of rumors about the handset over the last few weeks.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, What We Know So Far | Geeky Gadgets

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this. Doesn't look quite like I expected but I guess it is still a prototype. But they're still speculating an IFA announcement. I'm not going to hold my breath for the June 20th event, but if they do announce it then it will be like a super exciting bonus!

EXCLUSIVE Galaxy Note III?s prototype showed up? | SamMobile

This^^ article mentioned they couldn't confirm S Pen functions yet? It's a Note device, why wouldn't it have an S Pen?? And I really, really hope that's not anywhere near what the final product looks like.

Anyway, I'm expecting a Windows phone announcement and/or Note 3 announcement despite the rumors awhile back they weren't continuing with the Note phone.

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
This^^ article mentioned they couldn't confirm S Pen functions yet? It's a Note device, why wouldn't it have an S Pen?? And I really, really hope that's not anywhere near what the final product looks like.

Anyway, I'm expecting a Windows phone announcement and/or Note 3 announcement despite the rumors awhile back they weren't continuing with the Note phone.

I have no doubt they will continue the Note series, my doubts lie in it being announced at this June 20 event. I also have no doubts that any Note device will have the S-Pen, I think they just said they can't confirm because the prototype was lacking it... maybe? You would think if these prototypes were sent out (presumably to carriers) for R&D purposes though, they would include the S-Pen with it. Who knows why they do the things they do. Probably to watch us all freak out on the forums. I feel like they watch us in a similar manner to the way we watch ants in an ant farm.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have no doubt they will continue the Note series, my doubts lie in it being announced at this June 20 event. I also have no doubts that any Note device will have the S-Pen, I think they just said they can't confirm because the prototype was lacking it... maybe? You would think if these prototypes were sent out (presumably to carriers) for R&D purposes though, they would include the S-Pen with it. Who knows why they do the things they do. Probably to watch us all freak out on the forums. I feel like they watch us in a similar manner to the way we watch ants in an ant farm.

Well, if it doesn't have an S Pen, it's not the Note III. It's a Mega Plus or a [make your prediction here].

I was hoping the Note III would keep the same dimensions, bump up the display size 0.2" or so like they did with the S4, and kick it up a notch with the screen and CPU. If it does have a 6" display, they may turn off too many people who find the phone to be too wide. Although if to get to a 6" display size, they add less than a quarter inch to the width, that still might be doable for a lot of people.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see a Note 3 on the 20th, which also happens to be my birthday. However I understand why it makes more sense to wait for IFA. It gives them a new device to go head to head with the iPhone.

jimjr

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd love for Samsung to start bringing the tablets to market that they've already announced! I'd love to check out the Tab 3 series before I pull the trigger on a new tablet and its not "early June" anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87