Verizon getting DROID Ultra, DROID Ultra Mini, DROID Ultra MAXX from Motorola

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
via @evleaks: To clarify: DROID Ultra=XT1080, DROID MAXX=XT1080M, DROID Mini=XT1030, and Moto X=XT1060

makes sense re: Ultra, Ultra Maxx. Those two phones will probably be running the same exact software version.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola 'Droid Maxx' pictured for Verizon | Android Central

maxx.jpg

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Breaking away from Google by using capacative buttons instead of on screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Droid has capacative button and the Moto X does not. I assume they trying to differentiate the two products. Droid is a Verizon and Motorola exclusive which Google probably wants to leave untouched. Google will probably influence all of Motos products except for the Droid line up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Android's openness allows it. It's what's so great about Android. Plus, if the Moto X ships with on-screen buttons, that would be a differentiator between the X and the Ultra.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I'll never understand "the nexus is right and everything else is backwards" mentality...

I mean if they added to the screen to add back what the buttons take away I would be completely sold, but they don't and make the the screens feel tiny by comparison for general use.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Capacitive buttons are okay in the design guidelines, as are soft keys. The only thing I like soft keys better for is being able to change, move, hide our eliminate them.

Transmitted through spacetime.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The finish in the latest leak looks more like the original Atrix instead of the matte Kevlar on the razr line. Regardless of how it turns out, these do look better than any of the previous motorola droids on Verizon.

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
ITT: a bunch of paid Verizon plants. On screen buttons don't take much away from screen size now that screens are almost always 4.7+ inches.

Being on screen allows the buttons to change depending on the need. It also allows more elegant integration with gestures. Compare accessing Google Now on a nexus 4 vs. a galaxy phone. It flows much better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
ITT: a bunch of paid Verizon plants. On screen buttons don't take much away from screen size now that screens are almost always 4.7+ inches.

Being on screen allows the buttons to change depending on the need. It also allows more elegant integration with gestures. Compare accessing Google Now on a nexus 4 vs. a galaxy phone. It flows much better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Verizon plants? lol. Android's openness allows for whatever Motorola is doing with buttons. The same as Samsung. The same as HTC. Not sure how that makes people disagreeing with you a bunch of paid Verizon plants.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Go into any store with phones. Find one with screen buttons and one without but both with similar size screens. Open up the browser or any 2 similar browsing type apps. Go to the same page. Hold the phone with screen buttons next to the phone without. I rest my case.

This was one of the big factors in my decision between the s3 the RAZR. That and motos retarded bootloader policy.

On a side note: if the X has a locked bootloader I will **** myself laughing.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
On a side note: if the X has a locked bootloader I will **** myself laughing.

I'm really hoping they reverse that ridiculosu policy. I think on the Droid line it was because Verizon lathers themselves in locked down, but it'd be stupid on a global phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar