Anyone Interested in any of the rumored Smart Watches?

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I had one of the first truly Smart Watches, the Moto Actv. I loved it. It was perfect to take on runs and listen to music through Bluetooth headphones. It was a great 5\10K companion. Sadly, the watch face had the ability to come off of the watch attachment and tended to do so when you didn't want it to. I lost it at a track meet a while back without even noticing it was gone. I want to get another watch but I want to wait and see what Google\Samsung (even Apple if worse come to worst). The problem being, I can hardly find any info on any of them. I dont want the sony watch as, from what I can tell, it is entirely dependent on a phone. I plan on getting one of the next Gen Phablets in the coming months and carrying one of those on a run is a non option. Anyone have any advice or should I just get another Moto Actv?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been intrigued by the pebble since it came out....i'm also waiting on what samsung has up it sleeves.....will probable go with one of those.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, the pebble wouldn't work for my purposes since it doesn't have the ability to play music. I would love to be wrong though.

Posted via Android Central App

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
When they stop being so ugly, I'll probably consider wearing one. Until then, a regular watch will do for me. But I can definitely see where it would come in handy when running, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be cool to check emails and notifications for work on a smart watch and also see who's calling but like the guy said above me when they come out with a really nice design is when I'll probably get one.

Sent from my HTC One

AZBoy28

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Samsung should release something good while Sony has already got an Android smart watch out for a while. I've had a go with the Sony one (as my friend has it) and have to say it does do what he claims it does but I don't get how useful it is.. Hopefully Samsung releases something game changing..

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would love one. Im looking forward to the Google smartwatch. I just know it will sync nicely with the Nexus lineup and give valuable information when needed
Example: sitting in the backseat middle with two people beside you and your phone vibrates with a text. Then do the awkward lean and stretch to retrieve the phone as you hit every button possible on the way out.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Gear does interest me but it really depends on what it does, what it costs and what it looks like. I am not putting one of those ugly Pebble, or Hot watches on my wrist. I am willing to spend a bit more for quality, but not so much that I regret it when next years much improved model comes out. Hopefully they target it with the GN3 launch and a special promotion and discount if you get a GN3.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Under $200 from Samsung, Moto or Google, and let me access music and play with via bluetooth while I'm exercising while also syncing up with a workout companion app. That is what I'm looking for. Oh, and to tell the time with a flexible display, cough cough OLED Samsung cough cough.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in what they can do with the smartwatches, but I am not interested in a watch that is a phone. I want to use it as an interactive tool to my Android smartphone. Send/receive txt, email, initiate calls, see who is calling, etc. But to have it act as a phone, no thanks since that would keep it off Verizon and out of my useful daily needs. Pebble is cool, but limited and perhaps Pebble 2.0 or 3.0 would be more of a device to get.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in what they can do with the smartwatches, but I am not interested in a watch that is a phone. I want to use it as an interactive tool to my Android smartphone. Send/receive txt, email, initiate calls, see who is calling, etc. But to have it act as a phone, no thanks since that would keep it off Verizon and out of my useful daily needs. Pebble is cool, but limited and perhaps Pebble 2.0 or 3.0 would be more of a device to get.

Exactly what I am looking for. An extension of my phone's ability, not a standalone device.

chelleo

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I would hold out for a new smartwatch. I have been keeping up with all the new specs which will soon be available soon, like Wi-Fi, bluetooth, 4-megapixel cameras, and even speakers. I'm excited about the 3 inch screens supposedly coming soon. However, I'm not sure how that is going to fit on my wrist. But I do know they should be one piece, so you don't have to worry about losing them. I am a current android user, and I hope android is coming out with it's version. I have read several articles, but it's not anything certain at this point. I hope the rumors are true, that we will be able to used actual apps. And that the smartwatches will totally replace our smartphones. Having to ability to run apps on the smartwatch will allow us to use our heart rate monitor apps, as well as our exercise routine and 5K tracking apps. I keep seeing the news feed on the Samsung Galaxy Gear, it looks nice. I am holding out just a little longer to see what's next. But don't go back to old school!!! Wait for the new smartwatches, just my opinion.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If it compliments the phone without killing battery life on either device absolutely I will. I've been intrigued in a smart watch for a while now but just never got one. If its something that is $150+ it will be hard to pull the trigger on. Phone prices aren't going down so the watches really need to be affordable to succeed.

chelleo

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I am very interested in the Galaxy Gear, especially if it has the flexible display and fits properly. I think these watches will catch on and become more fashionably acceptable, just like the blue-tooth ear pieces. People thought, how stupid others looked wearing these devices on their ears like large hearing aides. I think the smartwatches will be very successful. I do hope android gets on board, it will be great to have our favorite apps to use. I am still considering on holding out a little longer for a Google version. I want to totally replace my phone and be able to use all my current apps, Wi-Fi, a camera, and maybe an infrared light with some sort of legal zapper for annoying people. That would be great! I had the GN but I changed to the HTC One for the audiobeats, I love the speakers. So I'm rooting for a smartwatch with speakers as well. I think they will be really cool, but only if the screens are flexible and the fit is sleek.

runningman

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll use my Moto Actv until it dies, or a game changer comes onto the scene. No other watch out there currently plays music. I sincerely hope the smart watch market blows up soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34