Sony Homami aka Z1

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sony Honami may be called Xperia Z1 | Know Your Mobile

Anybody else looking forward to this beast? I'm pretty much all set to make a move from my S2 and It's down to either this guy, the G2 or possibly the One Max (but I want to see a much improved camera or no dice)

Sony's apparently reached well outside it's mobile division to put together the Homani, including a rebuilt camera from it's camera people, a screen helped designed by it's television department, and so on. With specs that at the very least match the LG G2, I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about what could be the new phone to beat.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I could have heard wrong, but I have been hearing Sony phones aren't all that cracked up to be. Like for hardware, Android updates, ect. IDK, The phone looks really good IMO.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I hope we get a US release date during the press release next week! I really want this phone 3000mah battery water resistant, sd card, killer design.... all I needed was a 5.5 inch screen, but after holding the Xperia Z in the T-Mobile store it's 5" is on par with my note 2... I also like it because a under the radar device. It won't be every other person holding your same device like Samsung's. I'm really just wondering if T-Mobile will get it before Oct. 31 because I have a $ 50 incentive to switch to that deadline. Is it possible to ship the phone over if we don't get an official date?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I am not impressed. It seems that the main selling point is the camera and the fact that it's waterproof. I would love a nice camera on my phone, but it would not be my first preference. I don't need a waterproof phone either. Nice to have, but not necessary.
I looked at the leaked photos and am not impressed with the design. The ui is putrid looking and the top and bottom bezels remind me of the iPhone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I was looking forward to the G2 but this is now far and away #1 on my radar. I hope it's everything they claim it is (yeah I know) because if so, it's a no brainer. I love a lot of what the G2 has to offer like the knock to wake and the back buttons, but the UI looks like a poor man's TouchWiz and that's not much to be proud of. HTC One Max is the only other device in consideration but I've heard way too many bad things about the camera being a flop.

Also, love that this has a dedicated camera button! I really hope this phone gets it right and it looks promising.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
It's either this or new 2013 Nexus phone. My last few phones have been Nexus and they just work for my needs. The camera and waterproof design of the new Sony have me intrigued along with what's supposed to be a better screen than on the Z. I spend a lot of time near a pool and on the lake so having an accident free phone would be a nice insurance policy.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1