Could this be the Alleged Motorola Droid 5?

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was as shocked as anyone when I came across this story. According to Droid Life, pictures leaked today of a potential Droid 5 from Motorola. Take it with a grain of salt, but it looks like Motorola MIGHT be reviving their one-time Verizon flagship QWERTY slider soon. Mind you, there are no purported specs of this alleged phone yet, if it comes to fruition. But there seems to be a market still for QWERTY sliders after the Samsung Stratosphere 1 & 2 and the newly released LG Enact. Here is the link to the story:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/23/did-the-motorola-droid-5-just-make-its-first-appearance/

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Nice. I have a cousin that is still rocking the Droid 3 and this will definitely entice him to upgrade at some point.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen Motorola advertise the original droid line since the droid 2. I only found out about the three from discussions on here. And I found out about the 4 through Verizon's website, tucked away in some deep, dark corner.

I don't even think they really push them anymore, it seems Verizon is more in favor of their named droid phones, instead of the generic numbered ones.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Heres what I'm guessing about this device:
4.5" 720p screen, on screen buttons so more like 4.3" usable. (Ok 4.3" with ~4" usable sounds more likley.)
Motorolas X8 computing system, clocked at 1.7ghz.
2GB of RAM.
2200mah battery.
8-10mp camera (average quality).
Android 4.2.2 or maybe even 4.3.
Not sure about NFC or Wireless charging but those should be standerd. Also not sure why their putting the chin back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital