GS5 Could have the NEW 4GB Card for ram

Cnorris92

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Samsung announced today that it has developed the world?s first 8Gb (1GB) LPDDR4 RAM for mobile devices, and now a report out of the Korean media says the first device to use the 4GB of RAM will be none other than the Galaxy S5, Samsung?s anticipated fifth-generation Galaxy S flagship. According to ZDNet Korea, Samsung will begin production of the new LPDDR4 chip sometime in early 2014, so it?s totally possible that things will be ready in time for the Galaxy S5, though that would push the device?s launch to sometime in the second quarter rather than the first as has been rumored. However, the 4 gigabytes of RAM would mean that the 64-bit processor that will power the Galaxy S5 will actually be put to good use, though we?ll hope Samsung doesn?t counteract the advantages of the increased RAM by adding more bloat.
Source:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Samsung announced today that it has developed the world’s first 8Gb (1GB) LPDDR4 RAM for mobile devices, and now a report out of the Korean media says the first device to use the 4GB of RAM will be none other than the Galaxy S5, Samsung’s anticipated fifth-generation Galaxy S flagship. According to ZDNet Korea, Samsung will begin production of the new LPDDR4 chip sometime in early 2014, so it’s totally possible that things will be ready in time for the Galaxy S5, though that would push the device’s launch to sometime in the second quarter rather than the first as has been rumored. However, the 4 gigabytes of RAM would mean that the 64-bit processor that will power the Galaxy S5 will actually be put to good use, though we’ll hope Samsung doesn’t counteract the advantages of the increased RAM by adding more bloat.
Source:

This is highly possible since devices such as the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition or the Galaxy Note 3 already use 3GB of ram.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good to me! Having said that, I'm very happy with my GS4, never had the lag that some people mentioned and have a Sprint 2 year contract so, I'll be ready when the GS6 comes around. 😉

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sounds good to me! Having said that, I'm very happy with my GS4, never had the lag that some people mentioned and have a Sprint 2 year contract so, I'll be ready when the GS6 comes around. ��

It's nothing too noticeable, but sometimes it would sort of "stutter" and things like the Gallery took a long time to open. Running a custom ROM has made this phone a lot better :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It's nothing too noticeable, but sometimes it would sort of "stutter" and things like the Gallery took a long time to open. Running a custom ROM has made this phone a lot better :)

I know what about the stutter, I've seen it on a guy's GS4 at work, I showed him that mine didn't do that and he exchanged it the next day.

The one he has now doesn't have that stutter and the guy is more then pleased with his Galaxy S4.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

RusticKey

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Sounds good to me! Having said that, I'm very happy with my GS4, never had the lag that some people mentioned and have a Sprint 2 year contract so, I'll be ready when the GS6 comes around. ��

My Note 3 hasn't lagged yet so far (luckily) and I've bought it since, like, what, two days after it entered the shelves in Indonesia. The only slow app is the Gallery, I wonder why though.
Also, for the S5 I hope it will have a great battery life.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My Note 3 hasn't lagged yet so far (luckily) and I've bought it since, like, what, two days after it entered the shelves in Indonesia. The only slow app is the Gallery, I wonder why though.
Also, for the S5 I hope it will have a great battery life.

So far this is the best Android phone I've ever owned, even battery life is better then any other Android I had before!

But I do agree with you, having longer battery life on this smartphones is always welcome. 👍😃

RusticKey

May 19, 2013
Visit site
So far this is the best Android phone I've ever owned, even battery life is better then any other Android I had before!

But I do agree with you, having longer battery life on this smartphones is always welcome. ����

In fact, smartphone companies should focus on developing better battery technology, since we're pretty much at the plateau for hardware. Sure, 2K display, 4GB of ram and blazing fast and fluid experience, but not really fluid when you have to charge it ever 6 hours.

My device went through hell to send this message.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
In fact, smartphone companies should focus on developing better battery technology, since we're pretty much at the plateau for hardware. Sure, 2K display, 4GB of ram and blazing fast and fluid experience, but not really fluid when you have to charge it ever 6 hours.

Or at least better optimize usage with the battery.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

There's already technology for better batteries, except they're really expensive. Can't put that into smartphones since the cost will skyrocket.
I agree with the post above, better optimize the software to squeeze as much battery life possible (See Moto X)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Indeed! 👍

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
There's already technology for better batteries, except they're really expensive. Can't put that into smartphones since the cost will skyrocket.
I agree with the post above, better optimize the software to squeeze as much battery life possible (See Moto X)

Yea, but they should start implementing that tech now, all tech begun somehow expensive. More companies using it would make price more competitive.
I can only dream...

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yea, but they should start implementing that tech now, all tech begun somehow expensive. More companies using it would make price more competitive.
I can only dream...

If they start early, then it would pay off in the long term I believe!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I shouldn't get too excited about the GS5 since I'm on a contract with my GS4.

But as a tech lover that I am I can't help it! 😉

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira