01-12-2014 10:18 PM
71 123
tools
    Samsung announced today that it has developed the worlds first 8Gb (1GB) LPDDR4 RAM for mobile devices, and now a report out of the Korean media says the first device to use the 4GB of RAM will be none other than the Galaxy S5, Samsungs anticipated fifth-generation Galaxy S flagship. According to ZDNet Korea, Samsung will begin production of the new LPDDR4 chip sometime in early 2014, so its totally possible that things will be ready in time for the Galaxy S5, though that would push the devices launch to sometime in the second quarter rather than the first as has been rumored. However, the 4 gigabytes of RAM would mean that the 64-bit processor that will power the Galaxy S5 will actually be put to good use, though well hope Samsung doesnt counteract the advantages of the increased RAM by adding more bloat.
    Source:
    12-30-2013 07:40 PM
    Samsung announced today that it has developed the world’s first 8Gb (1GB) LPDDR4 RAM for mobile devices, and now a report out of the Korean media says the first device to use the 4GB of RAM will be none other than the Galaxy S5, Samsung’s anticipated fifth-generation Galaxy S flagship. According to ZDNet Korea, Samsung will begin production of the new LPDDR4 chip sometime in early 2014, so it’s totally possible that things will be ready in time for the Galaxy S5, though that would push the device’s launch to sometime in the second quarter rather than the first as has been rumored. However, the 4 gigabytes of RAM would mean that the 64-bit processor that will power the Galaxy S5 will actually be put to good use, though we’ll hope Samsung doesn’t counteract the advantages of the increased RAM by adding more bloat.
    Source:
    This is highly possible since devices such as the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition or the Galaxy Note 3 already use 3GB of ram.
    12-30-2013 07:46 PM
    This is highly possible since devices such as the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition or the Galaxy Note 3 already use 3GB of ram.
    The Galaxy S5 seems like it's going to be refreshed finally!
    12-30-2013 07:56 PM
    Hope TouchWiz gets slimmed down
    Maybe it won't lag this time around
    wizzrah likes this.
    01-02-2014 12:22 AM
    Sounds good to me! Having said that, I'm very happy with my GS4, never had the lag that some people mentioned and have a Sprint 2 year contract so, I'll be ready when the GS6 comes around. 😉

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    Live2ride883 likes this.
    01-02-2014 12:53 AM
    Have the active but will get the Gs5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-02-2014 01:03 AM
    Sounds good to me! Having said that, I'm very happy with my GS4, never had the lag that some people mentioned and have a Sprint 2 year contract so, I'll be ready when the GS6 comes around.

It's nothing too noticeable, but sometimes it would sort of "stutter" and things like the Gallery took a long time to open. Running a custom ROM has made this phone a lot better
    01-02-2014 01:04 AM
    It's nothing too noticeable, but sometimes it would sort of "stutter" and things like the Gallery took a long time to open. Running a custom ROM has made this phone a lot better
    I know what about the stutter, I've seen it on a guy's GS4 at work, I showed him that mine didn't do that and he exchanged it the next day.

The one he has now doesn't have that stutter and the guy is more then pleased with his Galaxy S4.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    01-02-2014 08:39 AM
    Sounds good to me! Having said that, I'm very happy with my GS4, never had the lag that some people mentioned and have a Sprint 2 year contract so, I'll be ready when the GS6 comes around.
    My Note 3 hasn't lagged yet so far (luckily) and I've bought it since, like, what, two days after it entered the shelves in Indonesia. The only slow app is the Gallery, I wonder why though.
    Also, for the S5 I hope it will have a great battery life.
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-03-2014 12:59 AM
    My Note 3 hasn't lagged yet so far (luckily) and I've bought it since, like, what, two days after it entered the shelves in Indonesia. The only slow app is the Gallery, I wonder why though.
    Also, for the S5 I hope it will have a great battery life.
    So far this is the best Android phone I've ever owned, even battery life is better then any other Android I had before!

But I do agree with you, having longer battery life on this smartphones is always welcome. 👍😃

RusticKey and CehowardNote7 like this.
    01-04-2014 03:33 AM
    So far this is the best Android phone I've ever owned, even battery life is better then any other Android I had before!

But I do agree with you, having longer battery life on this smartphones is always welcome.

In fact, smartphone companies should focus on developing better battery technology, since we're pretty much at the plateau for hardware. Sure, 2K display, 4GB of ram and blazing fast and fluid experience, but not really fluid when you have to charge it ever 6 hours.

My device went through hell to send this message.
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-04-2014 06:59 AM
    In fact, smartphone companies should focus on developing better battery technology, since we're pretty much at the plateau for hardware. Sure, 2K display, 4GB of ram and blazing fast and fluid experience, but not really fluid when you have to charge it ever 6 hours.

Or at least better optimize usage with the battery.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-04-2014 01:33 PM

There's already technology for better batteries, except they're really expensive. Can't put that into smartphones since the cost will skyrocket.
    I agree with the post above, better optimize the software to squeeze as much battery life possible (See Moto X)
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-04-2014 02:48 PM

Indeed! 👍

01-04-2014 04:09 PM
    Or at least better optimize usage with the battery.

Better battery tech and optimized usage of it would be a dream come true!

01-04-2014 04:11 PM
    There's already technology for better batteries, except they're really expensive. Can't put that into smartphones since the cost will skyrocket.
    I agree with the post above, better optimize the software to squeeze as much battery life possible (See Moto X)
    Yea, but they should start implementing that tech now, all tech begun somehow expensive. More companies using it would make price more competitive.
    I can only dream...

01-04-2014 04:13 PM
    Yea, but they should start implementing that tech now, all tech begun somehow expensive. More companies using it would make price more competitive.
    I can only dream...

If they start early, then it would pay off in the long term I believe!

01-04-2014 06:13 PM
    If they start early, then it would pay off in the long term I believe!

Hell yea! 👍👽

wizzrah likes this.
    01-05-2014 02:30 AM
    Hell yea! 👍👽

Right on!

01-05-2014 02:47 AM
    I guess I shouldn't get too excited about the GS5 since I'm on a contract with my GS4.

But as a tech lover that I am I can't help it! 😉

ffejjj likes this.
    01-05-2014 03:45 PM
    I guess I shouldn't get too excited about the GS5 since I'm on a contract with my GS4.

But as a tech lover that I am I can't help it!

Whenever the GS5 comes out, I'm sure you can make the GS4 just as good, if not, better.
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-05-2014 04:00 PM

But as a tech lover that I am I can't help it! 😉

If only you were on Jump! with TMo

Posted via Android Central App
    01-05-2014 05:06 PM
    Whenever the GS5 comes out, I'm sure you can make the GS4 just as good, if not, better.
    I can always try! Right? 😉

wizzrah likes this.
    01-05-2014 05:18 PM

I'll be fine, my plan with Sprint is cheaper compared to T-Mobile, so I rather pay less and still have a great phone. Now that's my brain talking.

My heart says; "Get the latest and greatest!" 😉

01-05-2014 05:21 PM
    I can always try! Right?

Yup! Nothing a little tweaking can't do

- - - Updated - - -

How is Jump?
    STARGATE likes this.
    01-05-2014 05:22 PM
71 123