The 6th generation Nexus smartphone will be named __________?

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
EVERYTHING thus far is purely speculation by EVERYONE.

I would bet money that it will not be "nexus 6". Probably "nexus 5 (2013)"

Xperia Nexus
Nexus X
Nexus Ascend

More than likely the Nexus 5 (2013)

My question is what are they going to call the skin that they are putting on it? Experience UI?

Why would they add "2013" to a phone coming out in 2014?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Moto is a different company than Google. They're not allowed to collaborate their projects

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

And your points is??????

Moto has the same opportunity as any other mobile phone manufacture to make the next Nexus.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
And your points is??????

Moto has the same opportunity as any other mobile phone manufacture to make the next Nexus.

Their contract prevents them from doing anything business related. They can't share ideas or build products together.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Their contract prevents them from doing anything business related. They can't share ideas or build products together.

You know this how? You do realize Google Owns Motorola, I would highly doubt that Google isn't allowed to even talk to them about business...

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
You know this how? You do realize Google Owns Motorola, I would highly doubt that Google isn't allowed to even talk to them about business...

If they worked together, they would be losing competition. Their contract(it was discussed on front page) doesn't allow them to collaborate together. Google is just there to fund R & D

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Moto is a different company than Google. They're not allowed to collaborate their projects

Actually no.

It isn't that they are not allowed to collaborate on projects, it is that Google is not allowed to show undue favoritism to Motorola for another 3ish years. If Motorola wins the Nexus "contract" by fair means, though whatever the process is, they can certainly make the Nexus.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
My guess is it'll be made by LG and will be called Nexus 5 2014.

I am only certain it's absolutely not be made by Sony. Google is in a patent battle with Rockstar which Sony is a part of and Sony have too many proprietary attachments.

peterdroid

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Since Motorola is sold to Lenovo, most likely the supplier of new nexus will be LG... and the name could still be Nexus 5 just with some postfix

ddiehl

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm just hoping that whatever the next Nexus is, it incorporates some of the patents they got from Moto like Active Display..