The 6th generation Nexus smartphone will be named __________?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Mmm, Nexus Pi(e)

Kidding aside I really hope they just keep the normal chronological name such as Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, etc.

The problem with that is that they can only name one more if they go that route. Nexus 7 would overlap with their tablet line

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The problem with that is that they can only name one more if they go that route. Nexus 7 would overlap with their tablet line

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

How fitting then, as it might be the last. One more is all they need.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I just said it would be fitting as there would be only one more number until they overlap the tablet line so why not only one more device.:)

I don't necessarily believe they are killing off the nexus line however.

I'll gladly take you're 5 bucks if they do though. (But I'd rather have the nexus devices around honestly).

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Nexus won't die. There is no evidence and it was leaked by some guy from Russia. My guess is nexus 5.1, 5.2. That route seems better

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5 2014 edition, duh.
Or since it's rumored that the next Nexus phone will be the last, they could simply just drop the 5 moniker and call it the "Nexus."

tedsc

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I assume it'll be another 5" device, so just Nexus 5 (2014).

Just how the current Nexus 7 stayed as Nexus 7 and is differentiated by (2013).
The Nexus 4 was not a 4 inch device. It was the 4th generation Nexus phone and was followed by the Nexus 5 as the 5th generation Nexus. So the next Nexus would presumably be the Nexus 6.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 was not a 4 inch device. It was the 4th generation Nexus phone and was followed by the Nexus 5 as the 5th generation Nexus. So the next Nexus would presumably be the Nexus 6.

It was a 4.7" device, so they went with the 4 number in the name. Just as the 5 is a 5" device, so they're going with 5 in the name.

If your argument is correct, why is the Nexus 7 called the Nexus 7? It's not the 7th tablet or device in Google's Nexus line. Nor is the Nexus 10 the 10th device in the Nexus line. So why name them 7 and 10?

It's based on screen size. Nexus 5 = 5" screen, Nexus 7 = 7" screen, Nexus 10 = 10" screen. Didn't think I'd have to explain this bleedingly obvious naming structure.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Got a Nexus 6 article pop up on my Google Now. Interesting points from Adam Mills:
- It will not be available in the 1st half of this year.
- The N4 price dropped before the N5 came out.
- We really don't know anything about it, rumors are non-existent.

Who the f**k writes this s**t? Can I filter his crappy posts so it never ever comes up in google searches?

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Got a Nexus 6 article pop up on my Google Now. Interesting points from Adam Mills:
- It will not be available in the 1st half of this year.
- The N4 price dropped before the N5 came out.
- We really don't know anything about it, rumors are non-existent.

Who the f**k writes this s**t? Can I filter his crappy posts so it never ever comes up in google searches?

Just hit the little button on the top right of the post to stop the posts.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

tedsc

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
It was a 4.7" device, so they went with the 4 number in the name. Just as the 5 is a 5" device, so they're going with 5 in the name.

If your argument is correct, why is the Nexus 7 called the Nexus 7? It's not the 7th tablet or device in Google's Nexus line. Nor is the Nexus 10 the 10th device in the Nexus line. So why name them 7 and 10?

It's based on screen size. Nexus 5 = 5" screen, Nexus 7 = 7" screen, Nexus 10 = 10" screen. Didn't think I'd have to explain this bleedingly obvious naming structure.

The first Nexus was called the Nexus One and it was not a 1 inch screen. All of the non-Samsung Nexus devices - Nexus 1, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 all correlate to Nexus phone generation not screen size. I am not sure why you are bringing Nexus tablet naming convention into the Nexus phone discussion, it is a different market segment.

Last edited: