Any educated guesses on what flagship devices Verizon will likely release between April and August?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Any educated guesses on what flagship devices Verizon will likely release between April and August?

Android or iOS. :) (yes, I'm perfectly willing to move to iOS camp if Apple comes up with a big-*** 1080p resolution phone)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Best guesses would be HTC One successor, Samsung S5, LG G3, LG G Pro 2, Sony Z something and much more towards the August side of things, Moto Droid Maxx & Moto X2 successors, along with the iPhone 6.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Best guesses would be HTC One successor, Samsung S5, LG G3, LG G Pro 2, Sony Z something and much more towards the August side of things, Moto Droid Maxx & Moto X2 successors, along with the iPhone 6.

Thanks! I can't believe I completely forgot about the Samsung Galaxy S5. It will probably be out in May or June, right? :)

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Since you mentioned a timeframe of April to August, the iPhone has historically been released in September.

I do expect the next HTC one, the Galaxy S5, and the next Droid variants, as mentioned, although possibly Motorola may have finished the Droid line. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next Moto X as well, but with it soon to be released in Europe in only February, it might be too soon and they could wait until Autumn.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

A Sony on Verizon? :)

Posted via Android Central App

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When did the Droid MAXX get released? I just became eligible for an upgrade yesterday. If my RAZR MAXX didn't lag so much, I wouldn't even think about getting a new phone. Considering upgrading to the Droid MAXX, but I might hold off a bit for it's successor. If Motorola is on a once a year upgrade schedule....

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When did the Droid MAXX get released? I just became eligible for an upgrade yesterday. If my RAZR MAXX didn't lag so much, I wouldn't even think about getting a new phone. Considering upgrading to the Droid MAXX, but I might hold off a bit for it's successor. If Motorola is on a once a year upgrade schedule....

Mid-End of August.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Given Sony's struggles breaking through in the US market, I don't expect a Sony phone on Verizon. :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I think that ship sunk long ago. But Moto X2 on Verizon is not bad.

2014 Nexus on Verizon is 100% dependant on how far VoLTE gets, IMO. If there is a 2015 Nexus, I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work, even if it's as a bring your own device.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
2014 Nexus on Verizon is 100% dependant on how far VoLTE gets, IMO. If there is a 2015 Nexus, I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work, even if it's as a bring your own device.
The current N5 is compatible with Verizon network. Regardless if the N5 2014 support VoLTE, it's still up to Verizon to allow the device to activate on their network and not block Google Wallet or other services from working, like that did in the past. I don't trust them enough to be positive about it. If the device is not under their control, they don't want it in their network.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The current N5 is compatible with Verizon network. Regardless if the N5 2014 support VoLTE, it's still up to Verizon to allow the device to activate on their network and not block Google Wallet or other services from working, like that did in the past.

I think I'm under the impression that cdma is what allows them to white list IMEI, etc. If I'm mistaken then there is no hope for Verizon and volte is pretty pointless until its multicarrier and universal, about 5 years from now.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Volte will be helpful because then the Nexus won't need to use cdma to use their network. Why does it matter if other carriers use it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Volte will be helpful because then the Nexus won't need to use cdma to use their network. Why does it matter if other carriers use it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

See Nexus 7 (2013) LTE debacle with Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm under the impression that cdma is what allows them to white list IMEI, etc.
yes, you are correct. As long as CDMA is a part of their network, you can't get on their network with a device unless the IMEI of the device is in their database and they have to approve a device for it to get in their database.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
HTC one successor, S5, G3 ( not sure they will get the g pro since they passed on original and its not a huge seller like the note) maybe a new moto, a few droids